Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: clip of a guy getting knocked out

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I agree. I don't really go looking for stuff like that either, and I get no pleasure out of watching it (well, unless it's some jerk who tries to start a fight and then ends up getting what he deserves). However, as you said, it's like a car wreck...when someone posts a link to such a thing on here, I'm too curious not to click on the link to see it for myself.

[/ QUOTE ]
I see what you're saying and I can follow that line of thinking. That's why I watched the OP's video. That wasn't really bad, although it was somewhat unsettling when he just kept punching him in the head. Don't get me wrong, I've been in a few scraps here and there with people I despised, but I could *never* kick someone in the face, or just pound them after they were down, unless they did something absolutely atrocious.

Even in films, it unsettles me. I loved Fight Club but mostly because of the overall thought process, not because of the fight scenes. Same with American History X, at least there's some artistic value there and there's a point. I've just never been into anything like UFC fights. Went to my friend's house the other day to play a game (yeah, poker content...sue me) and they had a UFC fight on. I wouldn't even watch it...it just does absolutely nothing for me.

My college roommate was really into this foreign wrestling crap that was quite obviously real. Guys would box with non-lethal weapons in the ring and there would be some bledshed that simply wasn't faked. I found this to be a really strange fascination. Aside from that, he was a nice guy that I never had any problems with. Just really really strange.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think jake spelled it out.

black people = poor = bad enviroment = higher capacity for violence and viscousness.

blacks are better athletes because of their muscle fiber type i believe (fast twitch) i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know about the muscle twitch thing, but i can say from experiance that 'blacks' are more violent (in genral) than whites because of the environment they come from.

i came from one of the whitest (sp?) inner city communities in America (south boston) and the level of violence would astound most people. by the time i was 13 i had been in at least 5-10 fistfights and just assumed that was normal, because everyone else did it.

basically, i see that as evidence that it doesn't matter what color you are, or in other words there is no genetic predisposition. if you see lots of violence, you will then act that way and assume its just he way life is.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The filming of this sh*t is usually just as sick as the participating in it. Trophies of sickness and idiocy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The desire to keep one of the worst moments of a person's life on permanent spectacle shows the camera man to be about as ugly of a person as the perpetrators. Furthermore, many times the perpetrators are fuelled by the notion that they are appearing as a hero, or at least worthy of admiration in someone's eyes. A world view where someone is validated by another's defeat. Anyway, before I get too self righteous, yeah, I watch.

I'm sure some of you have seen Man Bites Dog, good movie; all about this.

regards,

raisins

P.S. Does anyone recognizze the case where the woman is dragged out? Background story? Does she survive?
Old 09-21-2005, 05:19 PM

Still haven't seen the video, but found this:

http://xrlq.com/2005/08/22/oakland-justice/

Unfortunately the link to the Bay Area website fails.

Also, this:

http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S=3768028
Pretty sure it happened in Oakland based on these.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
White/Asian guy annihilating (defenseless) Asian bus driver.

http://www.muchosucko.com/video-busbeatdown.html

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand, can't the driver leave the bus? How is he, therefore, defenseless?
Old 09-21-2005, 08:16 PM

I've seen most of those videos before but after seeing them again, I feel absolutely sick. All I know is, as a pasty white guy, I wouldn't last a night in the 'hood. Don't care to, of course.

It helps to hear from others who agree that beating a defenseless opponent is one of the most cowardly, wrong things you can possibly do. Sucker punches from behind aren't much better, either.

But who's to say we wouldn't act the same way if were living in the 'hood with no apparent way out? That's a whole boatload of repressed (so to speak) anger at the "man," with no real target.

As we saw with New Orleans, just under the surface, in ways we don't fully understand and certainly don't want to talk about, something is brewing. There'll be a revolution, and it's just a question of when.

Tip: don't be rich and white when it happens.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:21 PM

He looks like an older and slighter man compared to the guy who was beating on him, who looks pretty young and vigorous and solidly built. The old guy probably had to be in the bus for his job and felt he couldn't leave, or else just figured that trying to leave would just enrage the jerk more.

That's one of the sadder things about confrontations like these. So often people feel that if they can weather just a little more trauma and humiliation, the creep will go away. Actually, once the creep sees you will take it, he often feels safer and even more hyped up to make it even worse. People in a bad situation just sit around getting beaten worse and worse until even if they wanted to fight back, they're way too fuked up to fight back anymore. A downward spiral can reach a certain point in a single punch that there's no coming back from.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's messed up. Am I the only one left on this planet that would get physically ill if I were to witness that in person? I find it unsettling to watch any kind of video like that. Same goes with videos of people getting injured or any other kind of painful experience. Maybe I've just been sheltered for the first 24 years of my life, but I really don't get any pleasure out of watching it. I understand that for some people it's like a car accident that they can't stop looking at, but I would never seek crap like that out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably get sick then open fire with my assualt rifle.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen most of those videos before but after seeing them again, I feel absolutely sick. All I know is, as a pasty white guy, I wouldn't last a night in the 'hood. Don't care to, of course.

It helps to hear from others who agree that beating a defenseless opponent is one of the most cowardly, wrong things you can possibly do. Sucker punches from behind aren't much better, either.

But who's to say we wouldn't act the same way if were living in the 'hood with no apparent way out? That's a whole boatload of repressed (so to speak) anger at the "man," with no real target.

As we saw with New Orleans, just under the surface, in ways we don't fully understand and certainly don't want to talk about, something is brewing. There'll be a revolution, and it's just a question of when.

Tip: don't be rich and white when it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate is extremely unchoosy when it comes to targets. Poor people mad at rich people express it by beating the crap out of other poor people all the time. You don't have to be as rich as the upper class to be hated, just the same color.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The filming of this sh*t is usually just as sick as the participating in it. Trophies of sickness and idiocy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The desire to keep one of the worst moments of a person's life on permanent spectacle shows the camera man to be about as ugly of a person as the perpetrators. Furthermore, many times the perpetrators are fuelled by the notion that they are appearing as a hero, or at least worthy of admiration in someone's eyes. A world view where someone is validated by another's defeat. Anyway, before I get too self righteous, yeah, I watch.

I'm sure some of you have seen Man Bites Dog, good movie; all about this.

regards,

raisins

P.S. Does anyone recognizze the case where the woman is dragged out? Background story? Does she survive?

[/ QUOTE ]

The camera definitely inspires further violence.

A sick onscreen example is that graffiti kid. After his first sucker punching and beating, the cameraman follows him further. Instead of the whole thing fading into a sick memory, he instigates Act II. His pursuing camera while the guy is alone and no one is coming after him practically begs someone to come attack him to continue the "action."

Bullies and sick fuks are everywhere, but you'd think you'd see so many more of them actually fighting fair, since they're so damn tough and righteous. But hell no, it's almost always someone way smaller or a sucker punch.

That stupid ass who kicked the younger boy in the balls just for jollies and then laughed about it -- "It's funny because he's writing in pain" is a good example of that. Real cool to kick little kids in the balls. Fuk, I'd want to hang myself if I pulled that kind of crap. I couldn't even show my face.