Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: What\'s the dumbest thing you have ever done that involves injury?

2.5 years ago at a kegger in Pensacola, FL (pre-Ivan). I was just getting into hazy blackout world. My buddy had his brand new dirtbike with him, and we were at a house on the beach. I was dikin around with it, doing wheelies and falling off, but nothing too stupid.

A while goes by, some shenanigans, and the dude says something to somebody that I somehow hear about trying to light my hair on fire. I thought that sounded funny. I said good luck trying, but if you do, I'm going to wreck your bike on purpose. He thought that was funny.

With the challenge set, about a half an hour goes by, and he somehow gets grain alcohol onto my hair without me knowing. Next thing I know, my hairs on fire. I thought it was pretty funny. Fire went out, we all laughed. While we were still laughing, I got on his bike (250, brand new).

I didn't bother getting it out of the driveway and on to the beach. So I started it, let out one last roar of insane alcoholic laughter, dropped it into first, gave it about 8000 RPM or so, and popped the clutch. A wheelie of epic proportions then occured.

I fell on my back, the bike continues forward another few feet, hit a tree, and came back onto me. The right side foot peg (which on a dirt bike is very rigid for grip and all metal obviously) landed on the top of my left foot. I was wearing sandals.

The blood was pretty intense. It made a 2" gash on my foot, all the way to the bone. I was, again, really really drunk, so I felt no pain. My friends had to go to the store and get disinfectant, but in the mean time they used the equally effective substitute of beer, vodka, some gin, and a great deal of the aforementioned grain alcohol.

The party soon thereafter dismantled. I never went to the hospital. The scar is pretty gross. What's my grade PDirty?

-JOTR

PS. Pokerdirty, I really feel that you should refer to yourself as P. Dirty.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:34 PM

Stuck a screwdriver in an electrical socket last year forgetting that electrical sockets are electrical. That hurt.

Was in the woods recently with some mates, a petrol can and some matches (as you do), a spark went into the can but we managed to cap it before it went up in flames. A few seconds later i decided to see if anything had happened inside the can by opening it. That was dumb.

Jumped out of a 30ft tree for a £5 bet. That hurt but i won the £5.

Drunkenly challenged a drunken mate of mine who is considerably bigger than me, and a champion amature boxer to bear knuckle fight.

All of these things are painful and i don't reccommend them.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
B. Sorry. Just because you had to wear one of those things a dog has to so he doesn't lick where his nuts once were doesn't mean you get an A.

A for stupidity though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're picturing it wrong.

More like this (not a picture of me, just googled "neck brace"):

I also think you're underestimating either the danger I was in (incredibly close to dying on impace, and close to paralyzation multiple moments) or the awesomeness of the maneuver (it's really something best described in person, with hand gestures -- but one of the guys who saw it said it was "the coolest [censored] thing" he'd ever seen).

Appreciate the recognition of my stupidity though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddy of mine, dove in the ocean head first and broke his neck, had to wear one of these for like 6 months. They put screws in your head to keep it in place. This is actually a pretty comon occurance, with at least 1 or 2 people doing this per year in my area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, was close to having that done, only I would have been in a hospital bed with weights attached to stretch my neck or something. Either way, halos suck ass.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:33 AM

During the winter of my senior year of high school, I went cross country skiing with my parents. The trail we were on was 8 miles long or so, and I had gotten way ahead of them. At the end of the trail there was a clearing which was at the base of an abandoned downhill ski slope. It was fairly short in length, but moderately steep, I would say most likely a blue square.

After waiting for a few minutes, I got the brilliant idea of going down the slope with my cross country skis on. I figured that I would have enough time to climb the hill carrying my skis, and make it back down before they got there.

So I make it to the top, which took much longer than I expected, and my parents are already waiting at the bottom. So I put the skis on and take off right away, completely exhausted. Now what I failed to consider is that cross country skis are much faster than downhill skis, and I picked up a ton of speed. My attempts to slow down were thwarted by the fact that it is nearly impossible to turn while rocketing downhill in XC skis(which are longer and skinnier than downhill skis). I remember thinking that this was the fastest I have ever been moving(other than in a vehicle).

Not surprisingly, I wipe out big time, which I remember just as a blur as I hit my head on the ground at some point. After rolling downhill for some time, I'm laying there in a tangled mess, struggling to get my skis off(XC skis do not have the quick release thing like downhill skis) without the use of my left arm, in which all I can feel is a sharp tingling pain, intensified by movement.
Oh yeah, and the nearest hospital was more than an hour away. I suppose I was lucky to come away with only a broken left collarbone and a mild concussion.