Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the better pitcher?
Johnson 34 48.57%
Santana 36 51.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Who wins this fight?

I will lay odds that he didn't attempt a soul-crushing boot to the head
Old 06-15-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will lay odds that he didn't attempt a soul-crushing boot to the head

[/ QUOTE ]

The set up is not a "Fight to the death" or "win at all costs", it's just a fun match. Kind of like if you are in a Judo dojo and someone with a little experience fights someone much smaller with a lot of experience.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The set up is not a "Fight to the death" or "win at all costs", it's just a fun match.

[/ QUOTE ]

What gave you this impression? He didn't say fight to the death. But he didn't say HaHa wrestle around a few minutes with your wife. I didn't get this impression at all.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:49 PM

Seriously, how many of you guys want to see something like this on UFC?

They obviously wouldn't have it as the main event but it would be a great crowd warmer.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The set up is not a "Fight to the death" or "win at all costs", it's just a fun match.

[/ QUOTE ]

What gave you this impression? He didn't say fight to the death. But he didn't say HaHa wrestle around a few minutes with your wife. I didn't get this impression at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea was, let's say, similar to a bar fight. Typically not a "fight to the death" but more of a "fight 'til someone gives up."
Old 06-15-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I know exactly what I would do. I would run into her like a bulldozer. Preferably cracking my head into her much smaller face. (I love body contact. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) When I got her off balance that would give me just enough time to get in a decent jump kick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your arms are strapped to your body and you're the one getting HER off balance?
Old 06-15-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: A wins

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no fighter but...

If I were the woman, my strategy would be to jump on his back and dig at his eyes and/or choke him. At the same time I'd dig my knee into his back and take him down. (Maybe I'd try to go for the nuts or knees, but since my legs would be so much shorter, I'd be afraid he could kick me out of the way first.)

If I were the man, I'd drop to the ground (butt down) and back into a corner. My strategy would be basically just defnse, but I think I could wear her out. I'd use my legs entirely. Anytime she came even close, I'd kick her hard. She'd have no chance to knock me off balance, get at my nads, or come up behind me. I just have to get one good kick in and it's over.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not even going to land a single kick with your back in a corner, ass on the ground, and your arms strapped to your body. I give you 30 seconds max before she's landed a full force kick to your face. Night night.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
totally disagree

I don't really think this is close. First anytime the female gets within distance the bigger man is going to kick the @^$ out of her. I tried kicking with my hands and arms against my torso and my balance was plenty good enough that a 100 female could knock me over with a kick. Besides she is going to be going backwards at this time. If she goes down and she will, it is over.

If somehow she manages to get closer the headbutt will become a weapon. True the man would obviously be taller but he could easily headbutt down to her height.(Try it) The power from the headbutt is coming from the shoulders, chest, and torso and it would have devasting effects on a woman that size. Also in close a knee to the stomach would cause considerable damage.

If she somehow did manage to get the guy on the ground I still don't think it is over. She better choke him(here comes that headbut) or more likely kick him in groin and head quickly and effectively. Because arms or not and 100 lbs or not a 210 lb man could get back to his feet fairly quickly.

So I don't see the 100 lb female having much of chance and I don't really believe it is close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would someone move backwards from a kick? That's suicide. That just lets it unfold right into you. You'll never move backwards as fast as someone can move forwards. Just go sideways. Then you're in close and can retaliate while he's still expending time and energy, and throwing his balance, in the wrong direction.

Short people have great leverage over tall people for trips and throws. If she gets past your kick and gets a little leverage on you, neither of which should be that hard, you're hitting the ground. That takes very little strength.

If she kicks your supporting knee, not only are you falling, you're crippled and pretty much out of the fight. A knee kick isn't all that hard to do, and even a 100 pound woman is strong enough to break a knee.

Most guys do not have great leg flexibility and do not kick all that fast. Having your arms strapped to you means you're going to have to make very unnatural, maybe even comical, movements to keep your balance, and any slight slip or going off balance will be a disaster because you can't easily correct for it.

Kicking is always a gamble. I don't know why there's an assumption that the woman has slow reflexes or can't see a guy kicking or avoid it somehow. They're not bizarre unearthly creatures. She's just like you.

But she's got full mobility and you don't. You should be worrying about her kicks at least as much as she's worrying about yours. If she misses, no big deal. Not with your crappy mobility. If you miss, all she has to do is charge and shove you to knock you on your ass, at which point you can expect to be in deep, pathetic shyt.

Don't start with the headbutts again. A guy with his arms strapped to his body trying to reach way down and headbutt someone shorter than him is Three Stooges material, not serious. People thinking they could headbutt a woman while kicking at the same time are just not giving the woman any credit for not being blind, or really thinking through the demands that would make on their balance.

A 210 pound man is not getting to the ground quickly without using his arms, especially with a 100 pound woman wringing his neck and pounding his head into the ground.

We seem to be very under-rating the enormous balance problems the man would have, highly over-rating his flexibility and speed, dismissing entirely how telegraphed many of his attacks would be, and assuming the woman has very poor reaction time, no initiative whatsoever, and is easily caught by even the clumsiest moves a guy makes.

I'll grant that women are generally not used to fighting and it can be very hard for some of them to get in that mode. But really, lots of us guys here are taking for granted that the woman is some sort of athletic imbecile.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the chick wouldn't stand a chance. The weight and strength difference would give her zero room for error. One good head butt and I'd be putting the boots to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you could land a head butt on a woman while your hands were strapped to your body, it would be because she was already dead and you were just disrespecting her at the funeral services.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And all you guys who are standing still, practicing your kicks and saying you could win this fight, you should go try to throw a football over a mountain or something. Because you don't have a [censored] clue.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. And your comments about balance are something I've been emphasizing too. I think a lot of these guys would beat themselves up by falling on their asses and elbows while trying to kick without being able to use their arms to counter-balance. I'd bet at least 90% of them would be responsible for their own takedowns.