Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Screw collusion...THIS is the problem online....

[ QUOTE ]
Many of them already think that bots infest the games (which, from the way you worded you last statement is what you seem to want them to think), but play anyway because that's what they want to do. People will play poker, people will lose at poker, and people will find something to blame it on. And you know what, they'll come right back anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many times have I heard at the tables, "only on pp"
Old 05-07-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Re: I use pokerview, but i wish it wasn\'t there

[ QUOTE ]
I use poker tracker and playerview but I think playerview goes to far and I rather it wasn't there and I think it's 100% a really bad thing for poker. It makes it way too easy for middle of the road, lazy players. The second thing is what's next? A stats program that will compute the correct play for you based on number of players, the flop, etc can't be far behind. It may not make bad players great but it may make average players a lot better, which, despite what a lot of people think, is the majority of the players sitting at a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your perception is correct and it hurts the profitability in the long term but many people fail to see this. The means justify the ends and so when they overfish...it will be funny watching them whine.

cheers
Boon
Old 05-07-2005, 01:09 PM

i have 5 different names on the party network, its fun that you know people from playing with them all the time and you can change skins and they have no idea who you are...or when you play on pokernow and you see everyone as mounties and hockey players and they have no idea, haha.

rj
Old 05-07-2005, 02:24 PM

If I use PV when I'm 432780'ing then I must be unable to play poker live at a single table with 30 hands/hr, right?
Old 05-07-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thinman is right. in the old days, they didn't need no computers. they remembered. and they drove all 'round texas, taking peoples' money. and they didn't need notes at all. they'd just move all in, and put the other guy to the test for all his chips.

now that's real poker, not these fancy computer type thingys. you guys probably let the computer tell you what time it is too, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

And I guess you tell time by the sun and a stick in the sand.