Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Jennicide, hot or not?

The as*shole ranks will be bolstered by one when a certain someone joins.

That's assuming she can manage to get through 3 years of law school and pass a state bar exam.

But I guess I should wish you luck, jennicide. You will certainly need lots of it.

Oh, and nice choice for a name, by the way. It's so ingenious to pick a homophone that references mass killing.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Jacks up...

You are an idiot. Join the club of all the people on here who say, "I'm a lawyer", "I'm a ....", and then try and talk down to everyone else because you think you are the shiznit.

But, hey, nice try pretending to know what you are talking about. I remember when I was an undergraduate as well, and I interned in my district attorney's office. But I didn't pretend to be a know-it-all to impress everyone.

From the post I read, she said she was seeking legal advice or something. No one cares that you are a lawyer. If you had a legit comment, make it. Don't try to impress people by a job you hold, because all it is is a job, and no ones impressed.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The last thing my profession needs is more sanctimonious lawyers

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironic that in two separate posts you called the young lady sanctimonous. You should hear yourself.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Jacks up...

Hah.

I was not trying to impress anyone. That was Jennicide. And she specifically said that she was NOT seeking legal advice. Rather, she was trying to give the impression that she was a legal expert herself.

And I have already made many legitimate comments. My original post in this thread was nominated for Post of the Year.

Normally my profession would not be relevant to a 2+2 discussion, and I have not mentioned it in any other post on this board, but this is a thread dealing with complex legal issues, so that is why I mentioned that I am an attorney.

If you think that I mentioned my occupation because I wanted to impress people, then fine. Continue to believe it.

But that's not why it was mentioned.

Please try to read threads through completely before commenting in them.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:21 PM

I don't have to feign piety.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Jacks up...

And maybe you should be encouraging Jennicide to make a legitimate point instead of starting these side discussions.

I came into this thread to clear up issues of copyright law and chide her for acting as an expert on copyright law when it is clear that she is nothing of the sort.

She STILL has not responded to the points in my original post that were made an hour and a half ago.

This thread is hilarious. The tone of these messages are so out of whack and so unnecessary its sickening.

Jacks Up - someone piss in your Latte today? Yeesh.

Jennicide - just stop posting to this and other non-poker threads altogether. You just add more fuel to fire, honestly.

This all sort of relates to poker.

Jennycide makes a big raise (the threat of legal action). Is she bluffing or not? Doesn't matter because the gap concept says that it's a bad call (to keep pics up) for neverwin unless he has a monster (a lawyer who knows whether she has a case). So he folds.

Now why argue about whether she had a case? Her move worked, time to move on.

I think 1 thread about all this is 1 too many. There's a thread about this on 2 or 3 different forums.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:26 PM

Neverwin should have put her all in. She would have folded quickly. High variance play but effective in this case.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have to feign piety.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not.