Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Official order thread for The Egyptian Chips

Correct

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Reminder

recieved my samples today and im very impressed. god work Ten and MS! one thing i did notice that was odd was on the plaque when u flip it to the back side it is upside down, thus the effect of the back of tuts head isnt as awe inspiring. my favorties are definately the $1000 chip!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:38 AM

Yeah, I'm kinda fond of the octagon too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think it'll be my card protector when away from home...

We noticed the plaque back too. Chipco says that's the way they have to be printed, because of the way they are placed in the machines. Most plaques are horizontal, hence the orientation on these looking odd.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm very proud of the set.

Ten
Old 02-17-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm kinda fond of the octagon too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think it'll be my card protector when away from home...

We noticed the plaque back too. Chipco says that's the way they have to be printed, because of the way they are placed in the machines. Most plaques are horizontal, hence the orientation on these looking odd.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm very proud of the set.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

So far, the octagon has "favorite chip" status around my house.

Knowing now how Chipco processes the plaques, shouldn't it be possible to rotate the artwork 180 deg for the back of the plaque for future production runs?
Old 02-17-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Knowing now how Chipco processes the plaques, shouldn't it be possible to rotate the artwork 180 deg for the back of the plaque for future production runs?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think they should have caught this and adjusted the graphic IMO... it was the first thing I noticed also.

2nd was how smooth the finish is. The octagon surface was even rougher than I thought... not bad but not like I had imagined. Do the dead man chips have the same textured finish... my guess is the NJ's aren't quite that rough? I guess they have even more finish options than I thought.

Also, it looks like the plaques also have a recessed "center" like their home chips. Funny, I knew the size of the plaques but didn't realize how small they were (better I think)... I had pictured a bridge size card for some reason.

Anyway - Still sweet!! The octagon chip & plaque are definitely cool card covers.

- Fins
Old 02-17-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think they should have caught this and adjusted the graphic IMO... it was the first thing I noticed also.

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. You think there's any chance we can convince them it's a manufacturing defect, and they should provide us all with corrected versions? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2005, 02:34 PM

Sounds to me like someone got lazy or was not paying attention.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:05 PM

It does depend how you flip the plaque. If you do a left-right flip is not the same as doing a top-bottom flip.

If you do a left-right flip on coins or the octagon chip, the image will be upside down. However, if you do a top-bottom (or vice versa) flip, the image will be right side up.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm kinda fond of the octagon too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I think it'll be my card protector when away from home...Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

The plaque got some field experience being a card protector last night.

Works good, perpendicular to the cards. Has nice heft to it.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:02 AM

Default The Egyptians get a glowing review!

http://www.homepokertourney.com/revi...pokerchips.htm

<font color="purple">I'm very proud of this set, and I want to thank everyone immensely for the support and help. There's no way this could have been pulled off without you. I wanted this set as an heirloom for my kids, and now I am so much more proud since they have been so well recieved by the chip experts here and everywhere.

I'm extremely proud of the review that was given at Home Poker Tourney. Thank you very much Barry for the kind words.

Sincerely,

Greg Cagle,
AKA TenPercenter
</font>