Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: USC v ND

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah USC was the team who did not want replay, good thing they didn't too. That ball was out of bounds at like the 3 yard line it looked like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope all of you who are saying this realize it doesn't matter. Cry all you want, we would have won anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

RIGGGHTTT.... Pass over some of that wacky weed, it must be good.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah USC was the team who did not want replay, good thing they didn't too. That ball was out of bounds at like the 3 yard line it looked like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope all of you who are saying this realize it doesn't matter. Cry all you want, we would have won anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. Don't kid yourself. There's no way we would have lost in OT. USC is the best conditioned team in the entire nation, we have proven that time and time again. You can count on USC winning the Rose Bowl by a large margin.

Wacky weed... Good one.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. Don't kid yourself. There's no way we would have lost in OT. USC is the best conditioned team in the entire nation, we have proven that time and time again. You can count on USC winning the Rose Bowl by a large margin.

Wacky weed... Good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about OT? If your precious Leinert doesn't fumble the clock keeps ticking and the game is over. ND wins 31-28. Your star QB f'd it up and got lucky. It's the equivilent of catching runner-runner to make a higher quad hand.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wacky weed... Good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

And who said anything about OT? If your precious Leinert doesn't fumble the clock keeps ticking and the game is over. ND wins 31-28. Your star QB f'd it up and got lucky. It's the equivilent of catching runner-runner to make a higher quad hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about him not fumbling? You were talking about spotting the ball at the 3-yard line in your original post. And if the ball gets spotted at the 3, USC wins.

Bottom line is: Even if you need to go runner-runner to make your higher quads, that doesn't mean you get any less money or are any less of the winner.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wacky weed... Good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

And who said anything about OT? If your precious Leinert doesn't fumble the clock keeps ticking and the game is over. ND wins 31-28. Your star QB f'd it up and got lucky. It's the equivilent of catching runner-runner to make a higher quad hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about him not fumbling? You were talking about spotting the ball at the 3-yard line in your original post. And if the ball gets spotted at the 3, USC wins.

Bottom line is: Even if you need to go runner-runner to make your higher quads, that doesn't mean you get any less money or are any less of the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

When have I once said anything about the being spotted at the 3? You have me mixed up w/ someone else. I agree, if USC ties, they win, but they got lucky to win because if Leinert doesn't fumble the clock runs out.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:37 AM

Yeah, sorry about that mixup.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, sorry about that mixup.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's OK. I do it all the time! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 04:06 AM

God damn, helluva game, ND almost pulled off the upset. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 05:11 AM

Is it just me or is Dwayne Jarrett EXTREMELY slow? There was no reason why he shouldn't have broken that catch for a TD.

That being said, that game was the most amazing college FB game I've ever seen in my life. Trojans [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched this game with a bunch of die-hard USC fans, none of whom particularly liked their chances in overtime. USC's clearly the better team physically - that's what happens when you have the best recruiting class in the country year after year. I expect USC to go undefeated and win the national title, and if they don't they don't really have any excuse. But everyone watching the game with me was convinced that USC got out-coached. And with ND's receivers having a good 6" over the SC corners, I'm not sure SC could have shut down Samardjza(?) with ND no longer concentrating on running down the clock.

What a fantastic game. I had no particular stake in either team, and I was worn out by the end just watching. On a side note, it was entertaining watching the SC message boards piling up with the "OMG we're done, we lost, it's over, wtf??!!???" messages during the second half. There are a lot of freshman/sophomores at that school that aren't used to anything but winning by 50 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm hoping Leinart comes out of this relatively healthy. He's getting beat up, and I'm not sure this year is helping him as far as the NFL's concerned.