Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: How Important is a Woman\'s Weight

Really? Hmmmm.......

Please explain why?

When a guy first starts dating a woman how does he act? Well, like a pet. He is usually really concerned about making the woman happy and making her like or love him. He romances her, buys her flowers, does all kinds of little thinks for her, etc. She usually just loves it and feels special and she is happy and thus returns the favor.

So, why is it so odd to be that way 10 years into a marriage? Why shouldnt you always be courting your wife?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:43 PM

Courting is a different world from "agreeing to obey your every command, no questions asked.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:48 PM

Utah,

That was not how I dated women. Read some ask Dr Dom for basic ideas or search on my posts. I would never have tried to make someone like me. I was who I was and if they were lucky, I would find them interesting and choose to spend time with them.

Perhaps it's the way you dated women that has left you in this position.

Again best of luck,
Jay
Old 12-02-2005, 03:53 PM

Utah - wow. I understand the concept - "making someone happy is happiness itself". But I hope you're getting your basic relationships needs filled and don't grow very bitter resentful, and as jaydub pointed out earlier, go on a rampany killing spree when all the frustration you have bottled up comes out. Choose wisely, and god speed -

Old 12-02-2005, 03:54 PM

Wow - they were lucky to date you? Man, you must be making some woman really really happy.

It is not about "making some woman like me" per sae. It is simply about courting woman the way they want to be courted and by the way men naturally do it. Sure, it doesnt fit everyone. But there is a reason there are a billion romance novel for women with this theme. My guess that there are very few novels where the hero says, "yeah, that bitch was lucky to date me"
Old 12-02-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is not about "making some woman like me" per sae. It is simply about courting woman the way they want to be courted and by the way men naturally do it. Sure, it doesnt fit everyone. But there is a reason there are a billion romance novel for women with this theme. My guess that there are very few novels where the hero says, "yeah, that bitch was lucky to date me"

[/ QUOTE ]

Now we see the problem. You're a guy that reads romance novels. This makes things much clearer.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:57 PM

yeah but there are a ton of james bon movies where it's basically said

bottom line, you need to ask yourself is this is TRULY something you're ok with, or if it's something you feel you have to put up with. only you know the answer to that, just don't take any [censored] you don't have to is all I think a lot of ppl are saying
Old 12-02-2005, 03:59 PM

Utah,

Your romance novel analogy actually better demonstrates my points. The heroes in such novels are not weak, servile men. In fact they are universally the opposite.

As an aside, romance novels do provide wonderful insights into the female psyche. I think it was D'Angelo that wrote up some interesting thoughts on the subject.

Of course a woman is lucky to be with me, what kind of self hating man would think the opposite? Oh wait....

All the best,

Jay
Old 12-02-2005, 04:02 PM

I think this is an age thing.

Youg'ens want the hot bod. They don't crave sexuality or confidence because more often than not, they don't have it (or know what it is) yet.

As you age, you discover that the rack you were just staring at has a mouth.

So, in short -- yes I think attitude can overcome a slight weight disadvantage. At some point though, there isn't enough attitude in the world.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:03 PM

I most certainly am getting my needs met and I am as happy as a man could be. Pure bliss (as stupid as that sounds) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My wife isnt some nasty bitch who orders me around. It wouldnt work if she was. She treats me with complete love and respect. It was not completely natural for her to be in command. She constantly said at the start, "are you okay?" "Is this what you want?" "what do you need?". I always simply responded, "I need nothing but to make you happy". She gets it now but she still occassionally asks because she cares so deeply.

To this guy thing, she has asked me a lot if she wants me to have her stop. I tell her that she can do what makes her happy and not to ask. However, i like that she does because it means that she cares. I know (I think) if I said stop she would immediately and she would just go on being happy with her life. It is hard to explain but it just works.

Certainly, we take it to a pretty big extreme. However, the basic concepts of love, respect, openess, and serving your wife works in most situations. I wonder how many men complain about their wives when these same men could make both themselves and their wives happy by making a major change in the way they treat their wives.

Sure, it might not be for a lot of people. But how many men and women are miserable today after having their lives blown apart by divorce?