Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Nominations for Best \"Rock\" Album of 2005

[ QUOTE ]
Is there some kind of newsletter distributed by the indie overlords that tells you what bands to say you like?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no way. I'm 100% original.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Does someone want to post a song or two from Illinois to convince me to buy it? The only album by Sufjan I've spent time listening to is "A Sun Came" and I'm not a huge fan so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

"a sun came" isn't all that good, he was still trying to find his sound

link to "Casmir Pulaski Day"

this song is just awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
About Sufjan.

A-Sufjan is not rock, not even close.
B-That Polanski day song was not a "great" song. Don't kid yourselves. It's not even particularly interesting. It is mopey, melancholy, boring. Oh, but he does sound real emotional, oh how sad. WTF? "I'm crying in the bathroom..." AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the sadness in the song? You don't like it. That's ok. Please, bless us with some better tunes.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there some kind of newsletter distributed by the indie overlords that tells you what bands to say you like?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 100% original, just like you.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:17 AM

Taproot - Blue-Sky Research

And it's not even close, *for me*. I'm willing to grant that everyone has different tastes in music and no one person's are superior to another's. Of the 13 tracks on that CD, 10 of them blow me away every time I listen to them. And there's zero question as to whether it's rock.

I haven't really heard of most of the bands/albums in this thread except Audioslave...guess I'll have to give Out of Exile a listen since it's been getting so many nods here.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Does someone want to post a song or two from Illinois to convince me to buy it? The only album by Sufjan I've spent time listening to is "A Sun Came" and I'm not a huge fan so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

"a sun came" isn't all that good, he was still trying to find his sound

link to "Casmir Pulaski Day"

this song is just awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
About Sufjan.

A-Sufjan is not rock, not even close.
B-That Polanski day song was not a "great" song. Don't kid yourselves. It's not even particularly interesting. It is mopey, melancholy, boring. Oh, but he does sound real emotional, oh how sad. WTF? "I'm crying in the bathroom..." AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the sadness in the song? You don't like it. That's ok. Please, bless us with some better tunes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh come one, are you serious? My quote above is part of the lyrics. I'm crying in the bathroom, oh how sad. He whisper sings the whole song, like he's feeling real tender and emotional. It's pretty funny to me, actually.

And I can bless us with a better tune, no problem. I don't even listen to much new music. The Denial Twist
Old 11-30-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 100% original, just like you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ha, I bet they use RSS syndication!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="green">I talk about indie music on here because I want people to go out and give it a listen and find stuff that they like. </font>

I listen to indie music 'cause it's the closest thing to great pop music out there.

I also fail to see how indie music can be so unpopular if MTV has a whole station dedicated to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="green">Hey, I do appreciate it, even though I bash some of the music. I have found a couple of artists that interested me. I find most of the music to be average, to be honest. </font>
<font color="blue">
Old 11-30-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
since we have the Murderer's Row of hipsters focusing on this thread, this might be a good time to ask the question that I've been pondering for a while

why are the band names/album titles/song titles so gay nowadays?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll offer this as exhibit A. Sufjan Steven's new album

[/ QUOTE ]
I think your exhibit A blows...counterpoint:

I would hope you at least recognize this movie as being good.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:50 AM

no offense guys, but how bout someone actually puts a rock album up??

Audioslave, to me, is just freakin nin and soundgarden... and it doesnt work. "If it doesn't remind me of anything"? STFU! what the hell? All he does is drone on. Now, if someone will tell me that the rest of the album is better, I'll check it out.

Maybe Im just not cool enough, but I just dont freaking get it. My rock and roll stations are being taken over by emo crap, and this is rock?

Someone clue me into this. Do I just not smoke enough weed?

Am I uncool for wanting guitar? palm-muted e's, and pentatonic scale riffs? COME ON!!!!!!

I really wish that Iommi, Osborne, and the others would give this "rock" scene a big bitchslap.

now before I get all three asterisks in one post, I shall depart. And as far as he music I like, ask tony p., take out the softer emo and indie, throw in a helluva lotta hard rock and metal, and GOOD rap, and there ya go.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no offense guys, but how bout someone actually puts a rock album up??

Audioslave, to me, is just freakin nin and soundgarden... and it doesnt work. "If it doesn't remind me of anything"? STFU! what the hell? All he does is drone on. Now, if someone will tell me that the rest of the album is better, I'll check it out.

Maybe Im just not cool enough, but I just dont freaking get it. My rock and roll stations are being taken over by emo crap, and this is rock?

Someone clue me into this. Do I just not smoke enough weed?

Am I uncool for wanting guitar? palm-muted e's, and pentatonic scale riffs? COME ON!!!!!!

I really wish that Iommi, Osborne, and the others would give this "rock" scene a big bitchslap.

now before I get all three asterisks in one post, I shall depart. And as far as he music I like, ask tony p., take out the softer emo and indie, throw in a helluva lotta hard rock and metal, and GOOD rap, and there ya go.

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored]' A, man.