Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Update #3

[ QUOTE ]

never too late. i'll go to 20% before anyone gets shut out. point is that mike should have this list shut off after he hears from CEO and i know mike will take as many as we can.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don’t think it’s fair to have you droping down your own stake in yourself. Keep it at least 30%. Lower how much each person can buy to start with, don’t drop your own stake.

This is one of the reasons I suggested $1 shares and set a Max # that you can buy if your on 'the list'. After this grace period people on the list can buy more, or new people can pick up some shares. Whatever fills it up and gets you the money in time.

A pledge is one thing. Sending the cash is another. This way people who pledge get a guarantee of getting some shares, but you get a guarantee that all shares will be sold as quickly as possible.

$20, $50, $100, I'm happy to get in with whatever is decided. Also happy to sign whatever contact is needed with real names of course.

This is just such a cool concept. To have anything actually at stake in the WSOP and even more so with some 2+2 flavor on top.

-G
Old 05-20-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: When do WSOP seats go on sale?

[ QUOTE ]
The possibility of a shut out would be averted if you could buy one right now or well ahead of time. (Though I'm guessing you can only buy them in person, as otherwise it probably violates some interstate gambling law.) Since online poker sites seem to be able to reserve seats, there must be some mechanism for doing this (I wonder if all sites giving away seats know what they are doing and have made arrangments for reserved seats--could be very bad publicity if one of their seat winners goes and doesn't get to play).

[/ QUOTE ]

You can preregister online. Fillin an online form and wire the 10k.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say go the original $50 and $100 and let the ZOO be in on ALL events you play!.

A warm-up sounds like a great idea!

ToT

[/ QUOTE ]

That’s not a bad idea. We could stake you in 2 or more events. Say total entry fees of 15k needed. The zoo comes up with 10k for a 66% stake and Granny covers the other 5k for a 33% stake.

All winnings for any of these events are totaled before any payouts are made.

Might be to late to change the rules like this, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say go the original $50 and $100 and let the ZOO be in on ALL events you play!.

A warm-up sounds like a great idea!

ToT

[/ QUOTE ]

well, ty for the sentiment ToT, and ty for the detailed idea grail. however, this would be my warm-up and i would LOVE to sell half of the warm-up to my non-poker friends and family. these smaller events will have million dollar paydays as well but it gets too complicated to introduce the second event here. it is so easy and simple as it is playing out now, so i don't wanna mess with it.

GRANNY for the $8 million to chop in the ZOO is the most important part and mike has a great plan with the main event.

2003 ---> moneymaker had his last name and the $40 satellite as the human interest story

2004---> greg had the fossilman and the lizard glasses for the human interest story

2005---> this is the year that the story is an online group of players kicked in and partnered on a persona called GrannyMae that is a middle aged man who has spent 6 years pretending to be an old lady to fool all the little college boys "she" plays. this is national enquirer material. kind of like the 200 old ladies in the lottery club that pooled on the powerball.

there is also another human interest element that will come up should i be lucky enough to get to the final table, and that's some of the health issues i am dealing with. so, we got plenty to work with for just the one event where you guys partner with me.

ok, time to head back home.

i'll speak to you all tomorrow
Old 05-20-2005, 05:02 PM

I want in for a share, but I also think Granny should get to stake as much of himself as he wants, so if I'm cutoff so be it. Either way I'll be rooting for ya [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .
Old 05-20-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's some of the health issues i am dealing with

[/ QUOTE ]

botched gender reassignment surgery?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Granny goes to Vegas!

As an FYI.

I'm leaving for two weeks, so in return for 0.1% of my ME action, I've sent Mike Haven $100 and he will act for me in making my transfer. Just a HU.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that's some of the health issues i am dealing with

[/ QUOTE ]

botched gender reassignment surgery?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

please clearly mark all spoilers!

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

fyi,

mike h is having horrible PC problems and is trying to get up and running. that's ok tho since neither of us will be around tonight anyway, but if anyone wrote mike, he is not ignoring, just crashed.

hey DB.. TY

you are the official 1st paid methinks.

woooo
Old 05-20-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Granny goes to Vegas!

tyvm for the offer but forget the percentage _ np

i have received your c_note
Old 05-20-2005, 06:59 PM

i think i@ve picked up a nasty virus _ it@s a struggle to post so if i don@t fix it by tomorrow i@ll buy another computer for following this up here and worry about my lost data later