Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: New Orleans: What an embarassment

[ QUOTE ]
what is the story behind those guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

NOPD, who apparently commandeered a FedEx van. Pretty standard stuff, given the circumstances.

Swede
Old 09-02-2005, 04:21 PM

Please do not put 2000-pixel wide picutres in threads. You can link to it.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:29 PM

This whole situation is pretty damn sad. It's not the mayor or governor's fault, but obviously the federal government. Those people should have gotten food and water the morning after Katrina. We have at least 2/3 of the guard I believe. Bush and crew should already have had food and water getting ready to be shipped as the hurricane was hitting.

This is making Bush look terrible. It's what, day 5 and people still dont have enough food and water and are just sitting there dying.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder, is there anyone else in the government besides our president? Why does he take all the blame?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. I'm, not a Bush supporter, but this is ridiculous. The govorner of La and Mayor of NO are responsible for any govt shortcoming associated with this and should bear the brunt of this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that it's ludicrous to point the majority or even a minority of the blame at the president, I also think it's unfair to put the brunt of it on the local government. This disaster is clearly more than the local authorities can handle on their own. It is a federal problem that requires resources beyond what is readily available. I think it's clear that this tragedy has pointed out the weakness in both the local and national catastrophic response protocols.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:33 PM

Read the post here at 4:23pm. The streets may have been safe when you were there on Tuesday but it appears to me that the New Orleans police department has at least a few bad apples.

Very sad.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not the mayor or governor's fault

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be pointed out that all of the below sea level areas are within a few miles of above sea level areas. Literally every person who is not confined to bed could have been evacuated from the below-sea-level likely-to-flood area. Literally, they could have walked out to safety. The local officials had days before the storm to do this.

Once the storm has hit and the area is flooded, logistics becomes very complicated. The key failure was by local officials before the storm hit.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This does not apply to me since I was a Bush supporter up until this debacle. Nice try though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, so THIS is what caused you to not like Bush.

I wonder, is there anyone else in the government besides our president? Why does he take all the blame?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes everyone from the LA Governer, FEMA, the president, etc.

I was watching this for 2-3 days before he cut his vacation short, I don't care if it is a "working" vacation or not, cancel all your previous agenda and get word out to the public that your on the ball. Your the leader act like it.
Get [censored] mobilzed, get [censored] done.

There is still people there with no food and water right now. How hard is it to helicopter in some supplies at the least? This whole thing is bs.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. I'm, not a Bush supporter, but this is ridiculous. The govorner of La and Mayor of NO are responsible for any govt shortcoming associated with this and should bear the brunt of this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do we have FEMA then? I really want to hear a good answer on why a Federal Declared Disaster is the mayor of NO fault?

What else was he supposed to do? 1/3 of his police force went MIA, 80% of his city is underwater, he was promised 2 divisions of National Guard that never arrived....

This is the worst disaster in US history. To blame the mayor for it is naive at best
Old 09-02-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This whole situation is pretty damn sad. It's not the mayor or governor's fault, but obviously the federal government. Those people should have gotten food and water the morning after Katrina. We have at least 2/3 of the guard I believe. Bush and crew should already have had food and water getting ready to be shipped as the hurricane was hitting.

This is making Bush look terrible. It's what, day 5 and people still dont have enough food and water and are just sitting there dying.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a moron.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:40 PM

resize that pic it ruins the thread size