Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: well I got arrested

Well played Duke, except for one important fact that you forgot...

WHAT CIVIL RIGHT IS BEING VIOLATED HERE?

Jesus H. Christ, if one person could give me an honest, supportable answer here, I wouldn't have a problem. I've asked multiple times, and the best I got back was "if they detain you" then its a 4th Amendment thing.

So since you're so goddamn smart, why don't you tell me which Constitutionally-guaranteed right is being violated here.

I guess you'd rather spend your time coming into a thread to be a douche, and nothing more.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
. Walking through a residential neighborhood in the middle of the night is pretty damn suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he was dressed like this.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:03 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention in my original post that this was exactly how I was dressed. I guess that changes things, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how worried were you about losing your anal virginity in the back of that squad car?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always knew you liked guys since stuff about anal virginity interests you, it's why you are in Thailand right?

Lawrence
Old 08-05-2005, 06:04 PM

Well my pic of the hamburgler didn't come up so you'll have to use your imagination.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:10 PM

Or just cut and paste the path to the image into your browser.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well played Duke, except for one important fact that you forgot...

WHAT CIVIL RIGHT IS BEING VIOLATED HERE?

Jesus H. Christ, if one person could give me an honest, supportable answer here, I wouldn't have a problem. I've asked multiple times, and the best I got back was "if they detain you" then its a 4th Amendment thing.

So since you're so goddamn smart, why don't you tell me which Constitutionally-guaranteed right is being violated here.

I guess you'd rather spend your time coming into a thread to be a douche, and nothing more.

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't really have to name anything here. The majority of Constitutional rights are unenumerated. Agents of the government have no power except that expressly stated / ruled upon.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:25 PM

I have unpaid parking ticket from about 2 years ago.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:39 PM

"Fuck da PO-lice"

-Easy E
Old 08-06-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People that argue for curtailment of civil rights always come up with the most extreme examples of what will happen if they aren't allowed to violate your rights. The raping and murdering of women is usually at the top of their list of arguments. In other words, if I don't support the police randomly detaining people in the streets for questioning, I support the possibility of your loved ones getting raped and murdered.

What if the rapist lives in the neighbourhood? And when the cops question him as to where he's going, he says "To the store to buy some cigarettes, and then straight home". So the cops let him go and then he goes and rapes and kills your wife. Turns out he wasn't really going to the store.

I guess a better solution is to just make it illegal to be outside after dark? That way you won't have to worry about all those rapists and murderers prowling the streets, laughing at the inability of the police to question them.

I guess if you have a valid reason for being out at night, you can apply to the government to get a special pass to show to the police when you're stopped. Don't forget the pass at home, though! Otherwise they'll assume you're a rapist out on the prowl.

Or you can just lock your doors at night and put in an alarm system if you're really that worried about all the murdering rapists out there. That is, if you can see your way to doing that rather than forcing the rest of us to lose our civil rights because of your paranoia.

[/ QUOTE ]

You straw-manned me, I said none of the things you attributed to me. I asked a question. You of course avoided answering it entirely.