Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Multi tabling question

Thank you, citanul,
and there are 2 related questions
1. What's the best site (sites) for SNG's besides PartyPoker
2. Playing 8 tables, should I see, at least partially, all 8 of them, or some may be hidden for a while.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Ask any newbie question here

Just found this thread. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

[ QUOTE ]
They would, but illunious is famous for his 12 table grinding of .5/1 limit for a great win rate. This is the first time ive ever seen him in here.

So, welcome aboard!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I've been playing SSNL the last few months and just recently got into SNGs, on a real good run so far. You can't just quit them whenever you want like a ring game, so I like the fact that they keep me from slacking. I'll probably be posting here alot more in the future.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you, citanul,
2. Playing 8 tables, should I see, at least partially, all 8 of them, or some may be hidden for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Skin that has rakeback.

They should not be "overlapped" if you can help it.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:22 PM

dsh,

some random party skin is the best besides party.

the overlap thing is a total preference issue and depends on your monitor(s).

it's certainly possible to play them entirely overlapped, but most prefer not to.

citanul
Old 07-29-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you, citanul,

[/ QUOTE ]

1. You can sign up for a party skin (empire poker is the most popular). So you can play all 8 on the party network if you want (they might have changed the T&C recently to not allow multiple skin accounts, not sure if you still can).

2. If both of your monitors are 1600x1200 resolution or higher, all 8 will be visible with no overlap.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:36 PM

I just read online the blinds are moving at 20 minute intervals. At a live tournament.

Does this mean I am going to need to loosen up pretty early and try and take down a big pot? Blinds start at 25/50, chipstack starts at T5,000.

I feel like playing tight early may be a recipe for getting blinded out of the tournament with the blinds moving at such an absurd speed.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:41 PM

m,

that's pretty fast for a live tournament, but they are starting you pretty deep stacked. i don't know what the full structure is, but it sounds like you'll be able to play pretty tight if you want to. do remember that tight doesn't equal success at live mtts nearly as much as it does at online sngs.

citanul
Old 07-29-2005, 04:45 PM

Dear Citanul,

I am on a bit of a bad run, and I am trying to examine my play. I started out at the 55s winning 40 buying over 154 SNGs, but now I've dropped 20 buy ins over the next 135 SNGs. I know this is not a terrible run, and it could be variance, but it might not be. I came over from NL ring and I feel my early level play is at least decent. I have bought SNGPT and I have been going over my bubble play and I seem to be making the right decisions.

Basically my question to you is not "What am I doing wrong?", but "where should I look to find leaks?". If you could point me in the right direction as far as what I may not have considered, I would appreciate it.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:51 PM

Jay,

It seems like you are on the right path w.r.t. where to look for your leaks. Go look at your ptracker stats for the early levels and see if you're actually profitable in the first few levels as you think you are. that would be my first step.

then look at you mid game, as you're saying you looked at your early and late games. also make sure you're not passing up too many good spots in the late game. just because the pushes you make are +ev doesn't necessarilly mean you are not skipping some +ev pushes. that is a big problem for many people starting out, they just don't realize how many pushes are +ev.

when all is said and done, remember your sample size is tiny.

citanul
Old 07-29-2005, 05:02 PM

Oops, sorry! Thanks much.