Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Schoonmaker \"Don\'t Quit Your Day Job\" (yeah, it\'s long)

You will never know till you try. You hate your job have something to fall back on. Give it go. That they way you can never say I wonder if..... I turned down a soccer scholarship from Southern Cal While attending a local CDN college. To this day it is one of my regrets. What if what if.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:12 PM

Only read about halfway down so I'm not sure but this may already have been dealt with ... 2 suggestions when/if you make the leap:
1) Have a "story" pre-thought out to explain any "holes" in your resume. Workplace is a tough marketplace, if you do have to return to a regular job you should be prepared to explain why you left your previous employer, what you did. Have a plan in place now (hopefully you won't have to use it). I can offer more detailed advice if you think its relevant (I've been there), feel free to contact me.
2) Consult a tax guy before you go pro. What evidence do you need to provide for income (are you going to report 100%), how do you report losses, get a list of all the things you can deduct (after all you're working from home) etc. etc.

Best wishes!
Old 06-02-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only read about halfway down so I'm not sure but this may already have been dealt with ... 2 suggestions when/if you make the leap:
1) Have a "story" pre-thought out to explain any "holes" in your resume. Workplace is a tough marketplace, if you do have to return to a regular job you should be prepared to explain why you left your previous employer, what you did. Have a plan in place now (hopefully you won't have to use it). I can offer more detailed advice if you think its relevant (I've been there), feel free to contact me.
2) Consult a tax guy before you go pro. What evidence do you need to provide for income (are you going to report 100%), how do you report losses, get a list of all the things you can deduct (after all you're working from home) etc. etc.

Best wishes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Get these things on the list here...thanks.