Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: I still don\'t understand why JH can\'t be bluffing

[ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't even have to go into this math. You can say, "Ok...I'm at a tough table with 4-6 limpers(Whatever the hell it was), and I missed....There are 5 people to act, and I have no idea what they have. They are capable of reraising with nothing if they think I have nothing, and certainly with this coordinated board, the limpers had to have hit something. It's early in the tournament, and I really shouldn't be putting in my precious chips in the situation. I have time to wait for a good hand and that's that."

I mean, doesn't this sound like a logical poker thinking process here. And yet, your conclusion is that this paragraph should finish with, "Given all that, I should bluff! I mean sure everyone will fold to my awesome play! WHOO!"

Is that good enough, or should I tell you how you are wrong again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want to enter a 20-post discussion about this. Just wanted to point out the possibility that she takes advantage of the conventional pro thinking approach to this hand (since it is a table of tough players). The rock, scissors, paper-logic of poker can justify this.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:53 PM

I didn't either, but your post boggled my mind. Keep in mind that this psychology really gets muggy with top players, and the others can be thinking something like, "Hmmmm, Jenn could be thinking that we think she wouldn't bluff into us, so she could be bluffing!" It seems pretty clear to me that you are just ignoring all my points and saying she could be bluffing.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Strangely Played Hand in 10K at Harrahs

I'm going to have to make some more stupid arrogant posts and have Howard Phillips tell me what a jerk I am.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't either, but your post boggled my mind. Keep in mind that this psychology really gets muggy with top players, and the others can be thinking something like, "Hmmmm, Jenn could be thinking that we think she wouldn't bluff into us, so she could be bluffing!" It seems pretty clear to me that you are just ignoring all my points and saying she could be bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I just say that Sklansky and the others MIGHT have lost this mind battle.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:17 PM

Don't kid yourself, Sklansky doesn't lose mind battles! Hehehe.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2005, 09:20 PM

Who on earth is "Howard Phillips"? I, unlike Paul, have never been confused with Matthew McConaughey. A drunk man once did think I was James Spader, however.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:21 PM

Reread the post...read it carefully....
Old 03-28-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't kid yourself, Sklansky doesn't lose mind battles! Hehehe.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to brag, but since we are on subject [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I played a pro in deep stack heads up. I made a very good hand on the flop. I checked, he bet 1/2 pot. I called. The turn seemed irrelevant, i checked he bet about 1/4 pot, i thought for a long time and reraised 3x pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I got the reaction I hoped, he did not think I was fishy or clever enough to play a very good hand that way and reraised me all-in for folding equity. I called and he was out.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even with his wife? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2005, 09:46 PM

Was it Sklansky? Just checkin....Congrats, and I think you are talking this folding equity entirely too far.