Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (3/17)

[ QUOTE ]
Not that I'm much of a drinker, but how much are drinks at the Bike? - Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not free like in Las Vegas since the card clubs really don't need drunk customers. I'd say they are middle priced, with some good wine values. I make better martinis though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 03-18-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For Bart or Dave, how much of a bankroll did you need to become a prop at the Bike, considering you seem to play 20/40. - Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]

Some clubs make you deposit a certain amount but the Bike doesn't. Anyway, at the Bike I used to hire some of the 3/6 to 8/16 props. If I saw a candidate constantly bumming money for a $15 tournament or playing 2/4, I knew he didn't have the BR for 8/16.

That said, good rule of thumb for propping is you should be comfortable playing on your own at a limit 50% higher than you prop at since you will often be in short aggressive games or games you would rather not play.

~ Rick
Old 03-18-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there some psychotic rule in California where those that blind straddle do NOT get the last option pre-flop...?

Bart has said this before and it just seems wrong compared to the rest of civilization, where some employ the "strategy" of straddling in order to get that final option pre-flop.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

What? The straddler acts as a blind with the right of last action. I've got to go kick Bart's butt again.

~ Rick
Old 03-18-2005, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do they only have these 4 hour segments wednesday thru saturday? Why not just run it all day or night using the live table mic? Maybe a 24 hour feed? I could care less about the commentary since it is distracting on the most part and it is hard to keep track what is going on at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bandwidth issues I believe was the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I don't know the numbers but it ain't cheap.

~ Rick
Old 03-21-2005, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there some psychotic rule in California where those that blind straddle do NOT get the last option pre-flop...?

Bart has said this before and it just seems wrong compared to the rest of civilization, where some employ the "strategy" of straddling in order to get that final option pre-flop.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

What? The straddler acts as a blind with the right of last action. I've got to go kick Bart's butt again.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wrong about the above. I thought Bart was talking NL where the straddle is live. Bart in this case was talking limit where the Los Angeles clubs don't allow live straddles. I've heard conflicting reasons why this is so.

I should have known that Bart understood this. Sorry Bart.

Regards,

Rick