Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Wrapping up the Preflop Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Because, let's face it, right or wrong - if you print a chart, people are going to use it. Just look at posts in this thread for evidence. I think it is one of the only weaknesses in an otherwise "A" grade book.

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, Ed Miller has admitted in this very thread that some of the pre-flop suggestions were not too well thought out and that it was rather 'low priority'. Now, has he gone into detail about which ones other than the response to...Lost Wages, I believe it was? Not that I recall seeing.

It would indeed be nice to have an idea of what he might change had he spent more time on the charts though. Any thoughts?

Best,
Leavenfish
Old 04-11-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Wrapping up the Preflop Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because, let's face it, right or wrong - if you print a chart, people are going to use it. Just look at posts in this thread for evidence. I think it is one of the only weaknesses in an otherwise "A" grade book.

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, Ed Miller has admitted in this very thread that some of the pre-flop suggestions were not too well thought out and that it was rather 'low priority'. Now, has he gone into detail about which ones other than the response to...Lost Wages, I believe it was? Not that I recall seeing.

It would indeed be nice to have an idea of what he might change had he spent more time on the charts though. Any thoughts?

Best,
Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to hear more from Ed on this, as well. In the meantime, I've been wasting more time on the subject (hey, I'm having fun...). I'm working on a more detailed chart, incorporating some preflop concepts that were not represented in the SSHE charts.

I'm thinking of slightly altering OhGeeTee's kickass Excel file of the SSHE Tight Chart. I've got at least 2 challenges:

1. If I make any alterations, I'd like to be able to back up the change with good math. But I don't know the best way to do this. For now, I've just used the principles I've read to make estimates (e.g. 66 should be a call in LP if there are 3 limpers already in, otherwise fold). Anyone know of an accurate source where extensive testing has been done - Pokerroom's stats? Somewhere else? (Perhaps the above example should be 2 limpers, not 3....)

2. I'd like other interested parties to review my Excel file for feedback, but I have no website to upload it to. So if there is interest, please email me at Jimsington@yaho.com (correct the yahoo spelling).

-ptmusic