Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Why do Jews Reject Jesus - Part 2

You haven't answered these questions either:

If Christianity is true, why has God commanded us not to follow people like Jesus?

If Christianity is true, why will everybody be coming to the Jews for the truth in the messianic age?

If Judaism is no longer a valid religion, that we were supposed to convert to Christianity when Jesus came, why is it that all of God's prophecies and promises to the Jews have been fulfilled only in the Jews, and not with the Christians?

If Jesus is the messiah, how come he failed to fulfill any messianic prophecies?

We Jews just continue to follow and believe what God told us in the Hebrew bible.

Is "God" telling you not to believe His word in the Hebrew bible? Could such a message really be from the same God? Or do you think He was lying in the Hebrew bible? Or is it that you just don't believe in the Hebrew bible at all? In that case, your god can't be the same God. He's just a false pagan god like Mythra.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:11 PM

No, you sound ridiculous because you have completely missed the point. God did not reveal the mystery of the Trinity until after the Messiah came. It does not affect the belief of one God. It just adds to its understanding. God can arbitrarily reveal what He wants, when He wants, whenever He wants to Whomever He wants. You can't stop Him.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:16 PM

"Your false beliefs aren't from God." You cannot prove that.

"You are simply unable to accept any evidence that contradicts your beliefs (and yes, the Hebrew bible should be evidence for Christians)."

Your subjective interpretation of evidence is no evidence at all. You already saw below how different Jewish sects disagree on what they believe to begin with. You funny guys cannot come to definite conclusions about anything within your religion, let alone outside of it.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:22 PM

"What evidence? All you have is the gt, and you claim that your beliefs are from God. None of that is evidence."

You dumb hypocrite, all you have is the Torah, and that is no evidence at all. Again by attacking Christianity, you have undermined your own pathetic faith.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:26 PM

"Lots of Catholic priests don't agree with everything that's official doctrine; they just aren't free to express their opinion."

Anybody who disagrees with one detail of De Fide doctrine is a heretic. It does not matter whether they are priests or what not.

You make the claim that Christians are known to have historically persecuted people. Give me one single example from history.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:36 PM

1. Jesus is God, He cannot command people not to follow Himself. That would be contradictory.

2. I don't know from where or how you have interpreted this. I need an exact quote.

3. Because many of the Jews at the time mistakenly interpreted the Torah, and perverted its meaning. That's why Jesus was so harsh to the Pharisees and their minions. Of course, many Jews also had the correct interpretation, and became Christians after Jesus' Resurrection.

4. Jesus perfectly fulfilled all the Messianic Prophecies. See #3

5. I don't think God lied in the Hebrew Bible. I think there were wrong interpretations of the Hebrew Bible by various Jews that resulted in different sects which we still see present today. As shown before, the whole fact that you allow opinions to hold sway on doctrinal matters mean that you have allowed the Hebrew Bible to be open to interpretation. Thus, the Jews in the world today have screwed up the interpretations and missed the Messiah when He came. Suckers.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In Deuteronomy 5:19-21, the bible says that all the people heard God speak. This was when Moses went up to receive the ten commandments. They heard his voice, but did not see him. This was after the Jews were freed from slavery in Egypt.

The burning bush was a separate incident, which only Moses saw. That was before Moses went back to Egypt to free the people.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this story was written down how long after it supposedly happenned?

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was written down soon afterwards.

How can a national revelation be faked?

Why don't christians believe what the bible says?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a great deal of historical scholarship that disagrees with your assertion about when it was written down.

You are out of step with historical scholarship on two counts. One with your anti-christian claims denying the historical Jesus, and Two with your Pro-Jewish claims as to when Jewish Oral traditions were written down. I think you know you are out of step with historical scholarship on both these points but insist on them anyway. You are not being honest about what objective historical analysis has found. This tells me you are not genuine with your statements and amount to little more than a Propagandist.

There's no point in berating me for being inconsistent in which part of the Bible I believe in because I believe in none of it the way you or notready does. I see it as a record of the experience people have had through the ages with what they called god. It's all open to objective historical analysis and literary criticism. It's up to the reader to decide how and if he wants to incorporate the Biblically recorded experiences in his own spiritual life.

PairTheBoard
Old 07-23-2005, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You make the claim that Christians are known to have historically persecuted people. Give me one single example from history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spanish Inquisition.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:54 PM

I am glad you brought this up. I contend the Spanish Inquisition was a completely legitimate and beneficial stage of Spanish history, that allowed the country to become a super power and an ideal Catholic State.

The only one's pissed off at the Inquisition are heretics and Jews who try to undermine anything that is Catholic. Debate.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only one's pissed off at the Inquisition are heretics and Jews who try to undermine anything that is Catholic. Debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did turn the other cheek get turned into torture and killing? We might be able to use it on the so called war on terror.