Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final Table

This may be in part due to the fact that A) He wasn't american to begin with, no hometown stories really.. and B) No one could've predicted that he would've gotten this far into it with the amount of chips that he had at different points in time... just my opinion..
Old 11-16-2005, 02:46 PM

Maybe ESPN could DVD more of the footage that is edited by a hired Poker professional (without the sensationalist commentary) and target it to the serious player. Not good TV, but serious content that I'd pay for . . .
Old 11-16-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Hand 226

Hachem checking his Jacks is the right play, because:

1) If Danneman bets, he can based on Danneman's play to that point infer that JJ was beat and fold. I mean, this guy was playing ABC poker with an occasional gamble. He wasn't sharp enough to make a river or turn bluff on the hopes that all-in player whiffed and he could take down the pot with the second best hand.

2) Any reasonable bet would have him committed.

3) Even if he loses the hand by giving free cards, he's in good shape, HU with 10M chips against a rookie, and $2M richer.

4) Its quite possible that if he bets, is risk is for nothing. Danneman would likely fold, and the all-in player could have him beat.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:18 PM

(posted in a another thread and then "moved" into the correct one).

V Vegas wrote, rearding: "Scott Lazar's Self-Destruction at the WSOP final table"

[ QUOTE ]

What was this man thinking? First he called Hachem's all-in re-raise preflop with K9 of spades and doubles him up. Then on the very next hand he raises pre-flop with QTo and calls Black's all-in re-raise (who held JJ) which eliminates him from the tournament. Did you see how fast he called Black's all-in raise? If I were Black I would have thought he had aces by the speed of his call. This was one of the worst self-destructions I've ever seen and what a horrible time to do it. Was he on tilt from the previous hand where he would have made quad aces but folded pre-flop?? I can't seem to think of any other explanation as to why he would do this..

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(posted in a another thread and then "moved" into the correct one).

V Vegas wrote, rearding: "Scott Lazar's Self-Destruction at the WSOP final table"

[ QUOTE ]

What was this man thinking? First he called Hachem's all-in re-raise preflop with K9 of spades and doubles him up. Then on the very next hand he raises pre-flop with QTo and calls Black's all-in re-raise (who held JJ) which eliminates him from the tournament. Did you see how fast he called Black's all-in raise? If I were Black I would have thought he had aces by the speed of his call. This was one of the worst self-destructions I've ever seen and what a horrible time to do it. Was he on tilt from the previous hand where he would have made quad aces but folded pre-flop?? I can't seem to think of any other explanation as to why he would do this..

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lazar was interviewed on Rounders back in September, and he explained himself at length as to what he was thinking during his blowup. I'm not sure it excuses his play, but you can decide for yourself:

Direct link to archived radio show (.mp3 format).
Old 11-17-2005, 04:28 AM

Hey in the Danneman As6s hand against Black's 9h/Unknown second card hand Lon says that Danneman has A6 of Hearts when in fact he has A6 of SPADES.

OMG!

lol