Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: american idol *lock*

I checked over at FOX's American Idol discussion board, and Constatine (and Bo) dominate the talk and probably 80% supportive. Theres 1 thread about Constantine (started yesterday at 10 am) witha already 2000 replies (to put that in context, from what I can tell, it looks like a thread with 100 replies would be considered very hot).

I increased my Constantine stake by a few $7 shares. It would be a nice score if he won. Considering this is after a mediocore performance, I think theres no way to go but way up from here.

And despite Mario having one of the strongest male perfomances last week he seems to have very few fans and not generating much interest. The judges applauded him and his price responded, but I dont know if "the poeple" give a shiit.

Also there is a poll on the boards in which has Bo has been voted as having the best perfomance last week by a landslide.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:40 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: american idol *lock*

the charismatic/quirky people always take off on the teen forums
Old 02-26-2005, 07:51 AM

Default Jessica Sierra so low

Jessica seems to be rated extremely low but I though she was one of the better performers...can someone explain this?
Old 02-26-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Jessica Sierra so low

I am a little surprised at this too considering where she shows up in the AI forum threads.

However my guess is its because she doesnt have her own style. If you dont have your own style or charisma then you have to be THE BEST singer and she is not that.

EDIT....shes also not the prettiest.

rJ
Old 02-26-2005, 02:44 PM

If she can muster up something really solid one week and some of the other girls tank, I think she could coast to the final 12. Some of the other girls are speculative talent wise so this could easily happen. Listen to vonzell or lindsey, two likely top 12'ers, they have voices that could easily break on them and tank allowing a girl like jessica to shine. Jessica just seems so solid that I rank her has my 4-5th best girl. And what's up with Niko being even money with scott and travis??
Old 02-26-2005, 02:53 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i don't understand how nikko's value is so low at all but just on that basis his future doesn't look completely bright to me. maybe a standout perf will get him adjusted correctly but it seems people have it out for him.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:08 PM

"but it seems people have it out for him."

I also belive this is true.

I also think he can have a breakout performance though and a guy like bo or anwar could pick the wrong song and niko could have some upward movement.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Nikko Smith

So after reading this thread i got caught up in the hype of betting on American Idol. My question is: I bought 10 shares of nikko at 3. After reading some of the American Idol board and seeing the lack of support for him, would it be better to take the chance of him getting voted off and losing the 30 or selling for 2 and eating the 10 dollar loss. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: Nikko Smith

i think nikko has a decent chance of improving his standing with another performance
Old 02-28-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: Nikko Smith

[ QUOTE ]
So after reading this thread i got caught up in the hype of betting on American Idol. My question is: I bought 10 shares of nikko at 3. After reading some of the American Idol board and seeing the lack of support for him, would it be better to take the chance of him getting voted off and losing the 30 or selling for 2 and eating the 10 dollar loss. Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

In regards to eating the $10

I guess it depends on what kind of bankroll you have. Not total bankroll including poker but what you have set aside for American Idol fun. You could have a billion dollars but if you have set a hard number for your American Idol fun at $30 then i'd get out and diversify a little. If you have an American Idol fund of $300 then id just leave it for now.

rJ