FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win?
New England 59 80.82%
Philadelphia 14 19.18%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Blue $1 or Blue 25¢

Larry and Ott,

I originally missed the post that talked about .25 and $1 on both blue and white chips. I completely agree with Larry that this deserves some emphasis as this would be the best of both worlds.

In terms of cost, if we use the same inlay graphics on both the .25 white and .25 blue and the same graphics on the $1 white and $1 blue, we don't increase the costs any. Right? Paulson shouldn't care, they'd just start production of the white chips with the first inlay and then insert the second inlay when they finish with the first.

But, would it look "right" from the artist point of view? This is where Ten shines and I'm hopelessly inept. Now the Sphinx needs to look good on the blue chip too and the new graphic (Scarab?) needs to look good on both chips.

Last option is having 4 different inlay graphics, sphinx with .25 and $1, and Scarab? with .25 and $1. Now we incur designer charges. I'm not sure what that would cost. Maybe Larry's $100 would cover it? Thanks Larry! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson chips - Pre-Order Thread

Looks like I am going to have to order some of those expensive Egyptian plaques too. I should be able to get by with about 50 for a one table tournament. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2005, 07:41 PM

oh no...looks like a we may have to have a group buy for the egyptian plaques too!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2005, 07:57 PM

Yes, I would also like to see a linen or textured surface inlay. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I would also like to see a linen or textured surface inlay. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto.

Leonard
Old 03-13-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already sent this request, we'll see what Paulson says.

Ten
Old 03-13-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that it would be best for everyone, if the blue and white chips, were each offered in a $0.25 and $1.00 denomination.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not be ordering a different color denom for anyone. Each color (7) will have a chosen denomination, and only one denomination. To help alleviate the $1 white chip disagreement, I am making three blanks. Blue, white, and orange will be offered in their denom version and blank version.

Ten
Old 03-13-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd also like to mention that with an order of the size we are talking about, (and it will probably be much larger with this option) the cost per chip is going to be miniscule. This could be the Mother of all poker chip group buys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, its still .90 a chip.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would really like to support Ott on his suggestion. I know this is a really emotional issue for a lot of people. I know it is for me. Whenever I see a $1 chip that isn't white I just feel that it is wrong. I would really find it difficult to go with a set that didn't have a WHITE $1 chip.

I think that it would be best for everyone, if the blue and white chips, were each offered in a $0.25 and $1.00 denomination.

In order to help this happen I would be willing to pledge an additional $100 along with the 750 chip order I have already promised (which I promised after it was decided to use the white $1 chip).

I'd also like to mention that with an order of the size we are talking about, (and it will probably be much larger with this option) the cost per chip is going to be miniscule. This could be the Mother of all poker chip group buys.

In closing I would like to thank Ten and the graphic artists that are so generously donating their time and talents to this wonderful chip design and group buy project. This is truly a unique set of poker chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring only to the cost of the artwork changes necessary as being miniscule. And it would still be about .90 a chip. I also understand that having a denomination option for the White and Blue chips would probably create additional hassles, confusion and possibilities for error in the ordering process that Ten would probably not want to have to deal with.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Duma, he meant the "cost per chip" to add varied denominations would be miniscule, not the "cost per chip" for the final price. No price has been set yet.

Ten