FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best play in this spot
Muck in disgust 20 45.45%
Call 1 2.27%
Raise it up 23 52.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: giving your gf money...

I think it's okay, as long as she feels she owes you back - in that case, avoid taking payment back, as a favour owed works better for you than a favour repaid.

And exploit this 'debt' to the fullest [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's okay, as long as she feels she owes you back - in that case, avoid taking payment back, as a favour owed works better for you than a favour repaid.

And exploit this 'debt' to the fullest [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst idea ever. Having her feel obligated will only lead to resentment.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:43 PM

... and to 'angry' sex.

So a result all round!
Old 10-26-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
when someone needs something they will state it like that "i need to get gas on the way home" - it seems like a basic thought statement, BUT it is out of nowhere and not something that needs to be stated. It is stated waiting for a response about gas, like from a bf: let me get it u came to see me, ill give u some cash, etc etc. If any guy offers that i TRUELY care for, no matter my financial situation - i say noway...i came to see u b/c of u...i dont care about the cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

OTOH, if the arrangement is that she ALWAYS makes the trip (i.e., Barron is never going to her place perhaps because she lives with her parents), she may feel justified in asking for a little help, but uncomfortable in doing so. I agree with your assessment of the comment, but motivation is key here, IMO.

If anything raises a red flag for me, it is that they (or just Barron?) are unwilling to discuss the issue. I've been with my wife for nearly 17 years and married to her for over 12 years. The ability and willingness to discuss sex and finances is what has kept us happily together.

Barron, learn to discuss stuff like this now, not later. You will save yourself a lot of grief no matter how the discussions go.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one trying to figure out how the size of her gas tank matters?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is because he wants to pay for her gasoline for the week but cannot simply fill up her tank because the tank is too small given the amount of driving that she does.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:29 PM

I kinda give my gf $$ each week- I've "hired" her to clean my room, do my laundry, etc..
Old 10-26-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I kinda give my gf $$ each week- I've "hired" her to clean my room, do my laundry, etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

this just doesn't sound good, no offense dude.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this just doesn't sound good, no offense dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

she does it anyway for free. I just use the "hiring" as an excuse to help her out when she sometimes struggles with finances. The college life can be rough, especially without something like p***r
Old 10-26-2005, 04:02 PM

It's a confusion of roles that might result in submerged resentment, especially if there is any expectation on your part that it will be done. There's a lot of "lord and master" from a sexual, personal, and financial angle that money introduces or develops further the concept of when you add money into the relationship. Being taken for granted or as a lesser is a thought that could easily slip into her head, even unconsciously.

This is one of those things where it's not the original intent that might matter most, but how things can be taken subconsciously. And the subconscious in women is extremely strong.

If it works for you, cool. But it would be much more surprising if it didn't result in at least a little suppressed anger or bad feeling than if it did. Basically, you're playing with fire.