Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Hand to Talk About

I didn't say limping was correct or not correct, Ed Hill's post did. Knowing Ed, the limp with AK would be in a loose game when everybody would call or cap it before it gets back to you.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:50 PM

I give up. why is limping correct in the situation you describe?

--turnipmonster
Old 10-27-2004, 06:38 PM

Come to Canterbury Park some time.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Hand to Talk About /b

I've heard the story on this one.

It's simply a fluke mistake, and I can't pretend I am perfect all the time at the tables either and neither should ANY of you.

ADD, amongst other things can affect play, I once thought I still had the same cards as the previous hand and as a result was quite embarrassed at the showdown. [I have ADD]

I have played against Terri now in a tournament and she is a solid aggressive player, IMHO.

I thank her for taking the time to participate here, she certainly doesn't have to, so I suggest cutting her some slack. Learn something from scaring off Annie Duke?

You blatant trolls are pathetic. (you know who you are) [not directing this at Mason btw]
Seek a mental health professional, ASAP! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mason, I realize you live to analyze, sometimes you can over do it, and please remember your words are the gospel to some readers and tone along with attitude are LOST a bit too much in text, and unfortunately often unfairly interpreted. We haven't met yet, but I assume you have a sense of humor! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thank you!

I am hoping this place doesn't continue it's downward trend, ala RGP....

-Bri
Old 10-28-2004, 08:22 PM

Hi Teri,

I have played with you multiple times at the Bellagio and also ran into you once in LA. You seemed like a nice chick and were easily the toughest player at the table each time we played. Keep up the good work and don't worry about what these ****ers have to say about you.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One example comes to mind right off the top of my head; in the higher limit games it is always correct to come in raising with a hand like AK offsuit in early position. You want to thin out the pot because this hand plays better against a short field. Now you don’t necessarily have to hit the flop to win the pot. If you found yourself in one of the low limit games in L.A where almost everybody is in the pot even if it is raised, you can make a pretty good case for limping in and seeing the flop cheaply.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would probably want to limp in with AA and KK also, because they don't play well in multi-way pots. Why put more money at risk when you're probably going to lose the hand anyway?