Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 09:25 PM

Default In the Spirit of Giving...

I have seen Ulysses' generous offer. I, too, have decided (along with my partner) that we could also give away a single copy of our application. It comes with a dongle (attaches to your serial port) which prevents you from copying it and giving it away. The version we will provide, however, will be a lite-version. It will NOT work on ICG-based number generators. So, if Party chooses to go that route, you'll need the one that can determine which pattern map generation is required.

How about an essay between 250 and 500 words that argues either FOR or AGAINST a consumption tax.

For more starter's read the analyses here: http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/ConsumptionTax.html

Best essayist will be rewarded.

Good luck.

-RMJ
Old 01-28-2004, 09:39 PM

Default Re: When is the essay deadline?

I'll select a winner in one week. If a really great essay goes up, though, I'll just select it and end the contest right then. So, if you're interested, get your essay up as quickly as possible.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:41 PM

Default Re: When is the essay deadline?

I just saw that Ulysses' essay contest ends in one week. I will have an earlier deadline of 3 days. See my "In the Spirit of Giving..." post for details.

Of course, my application comes with a dongle, so maybe you want to enter my essay contest first.

-RMJ
Old 01-28-2004, 09:43 PM

Default Enough is enough

I can't take this anymore. Enough of this BS, I hope that nobody has gone through with any offers to Ulysses. Several VERY reliable sources on the inside at Party have noted that they have been aware about pattern maps for some months now. And, as a result, have reworked some of the sub-level interpolation algorithms. And, after seeing some of the comments by Ulysses on this thread, it is obvious that he has not made the proper adjustments to his map. If he is using the log8, which still works as the basis for pattern mapping (for all online poker), he will need to implement a looping mechanism into his code to dampen the deviation. I am confident in his ability to be able to do this, but I repeat, it's quite apparent that his current system is seriously flawed and out-dated.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:44 PM

Default Pattern Maps...Party\'s take

Here is a transcript of my conversation w/Party support about pattern maps:

Indira: Thank you for holding. Indira has joined this chat session.
jek187:Hi, I've been hearing quite a bit about players using "pattern maps" on Party Poker.
jek187:Can I buy one?
Indira:Hi
Indira:Can you please give me more details about the situation?
jek187:Players on the 2+2 and RGP forums have a pattern map which can predict the turn and river cards with 85% accuracy
jek187:They are offering to sell them for over 6 figure amounts, or a really good essay.
jek187:I was hoping to buy one direct from Party.
Indira:We are very sorry to inform you that we do not have "pattern maps"
Indira:To ensure total fairness to each and every player on our tables, our software operates with a Random Number Generator system. This system operates at the highest level of encryption and randomness, to ensure fairness without exception.
jek187:Ok, I guess I'll just have to get an investment group together and buy one from a 3rd party then.
Indira:This is the system that shuffles the decks and pulls the cards, so that all players have the same likelihood of getting cards. A good random number generator is one that generates numbers that are:

*Evenly distributed, and not related to each other in any way
*Unpredictable

Our Random Number Generator system has been certified by BMM International, a highly reputable Software Auditing Company.
jek187oes x=y*sqrt(37.2fn(z^3)log8) mean anything to you?
Indira:Absolutely not......
Indira:As I said......
jek187:Ok, well ty for your time...you may want to alert your programmers to this.

I think Party is just playing dumb. Maybe Empire will sell their pattern map.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Enough is enough

[ QUOTE ]
he will need to implement a looping mechanism into his code to dampen the deviation. I am confident in his ability to be able to do this, but I repeat, it's quite apparent that his current system is seriously flawed and out-dated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that for the 6 figure prices Ulysses is quoting, it would come with a period of support where he would issue updates. Maybe I'm mistaken...but he seems like a reasonable fellow.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Pattern Maps...Party\'s take

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a transcript of my conversation w/Party support about pattern maps:

Indira: Thank you for holding. Indira has joined this chat session.
jek187:Hi, I've been hearing quite a bit about players using "pattern maps" on Party Poker.
jek187:Can I buy one?
Indira:Hi
Indira:Can you please give me more details about the situation?
jek187:Players on the 2+2 and RGP forums have a pattern map which can predict the turn and river cards with 85% accuracy
jek187:They are offering to sell them for over 6 figure amounts, or a really good essay.
jek187:I was hoping to buy one direct from Party.
Indira:We are very sorry to inform you that we do not have "pattern maps"
Indira:To ensure total fairness to each and every player on our tables, our software operates with a Random Number Generator system. This system operates at the highest level of encryption and randomness, to ensure fairness without exception.
jek187:Ok, I guess I'll just have to get an investment group together and buy one from a 3rd party then.
Indira:This is the system that shuffles the decks and pulls the cards, so that all players have the same likelihood of getting cards. A good random number generator is one that generates numbers that are:

*Evenly distributed, and not related to each other in any way
*Unpredictable

Our Random Number Generator system has been certified by BMM International, a highly reputable Software Auditing Company.
Indira:Absolutely not......
Indira:As I said......
jek187:Ok, well ty for your time...you may want to alert your programmers to this.

I think Party is just playing dumb. Maybe Empire will sell their pattern map.

[/ QUOTE ]
that was so funny
Old 01-28-2004, 09:53 PM

ROFLMAO. Great post Jek.

Cup
Old 01-28-2004, 11:45 PM

fuggin hilarious jek!
Old 01-28-2004, 11:45 PM

Default Did Party have anything to do with the 2+2 shutdown?

I bet you party got word of this system that underminds their RNG and tried to shut down 2+2. The timing was just very suspicious....anyone else think this?

regards
cubswin
Closed Thread