Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: ****Official Michigan-Ohio State Thread****

When Gonzalez caught that pass inside the 10 at the end of the game, he stepped out of bounds at the beginning of his route. The official on the sidelines threw his hat when it happened.
Gonzalez was the first person to touch the ball. I'm pretty sure that's illegal in the NFL.
Is it OK in college? If so, why did the official throw his hat?
Old 11-19-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually don't gloat......but I hate UM so I'll make an exception. That game wasn't even close. We came in there and besides a few (ok a lot) fumbles absolutely dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to congratulate OSU on a good win and wish you luck the rest of the way, but this is just ridiculous. That was anything but a blowout and you know it. Now I'm rooting for PSU to win this afternoon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. And since Va Tech looks like it will probably stay with one loss the rest of the way and ND probably wont lose, OSU might be looking at the Capital One bowl.

Also, anyone else notice that Gonzalez went OB on that long catch at the end of the game before he caught it? The ref even threw his hat down, but I guess that evens out the phantom PI penalty in the end zone. Huston would have made the kick from the 30 anyway so I doubt it mattered much.

I'm also on the fire Lloyd bandwagon. Jesus, we have a chance to go for the kill and he runs a QB draw with Henne. Im fat and out of shape but I'm more mobile than he is. As soon as OSU got the ball at the 12 I knew it was over.

In closing, I'd like to say, I [censored] hate Troy Smith and I [censored] hate Lloyd.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When Gonzalez caught that pass inside the 10 at the end of the game, he stepped out of bounds at the beginning of his route. The official on the sidelines threw his hat when it happened.
Gonzalez was the first person to touch the ball. I'm pretty sure that's illegal in the NFL.
Is it OK in college? If so, why did the official throw his hat?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Michigan defender forced him out of bounds, therefore it's legal in college football to come back in ASAP and be the first to touch the ball. A similar play happened when Aaron Morehead caught a pass on the FG tying drive to end regulation for the Illini verse the Buckeyes in 2002. The ref probably discussed it in a huddle, but I, too, was confused by why he threw the hat. I thought the play was going to be called back in live play, but saw the forceout upon replay.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

im confused why mich went for 2 tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...wtf was that?
Another point for my Lloyd Carr file

For a few minutes, I thought that silly two was going to decide the game
Old 11-19-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Va Tech looks like it will probably stay with one loss the rest of the way and ND probably wont lose, OSU might be looking at the Capital One bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see Va Tech making a BCS Bowl unless Miami loses.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually don't gloat......but I hate UM so I'll make an exception. That game wasn't even close. We came in there and besides a few (ok a lot) fumbles absolutely dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

osu was very lucky, but pulled it out in the clutch. both teams had many chances to ice it. another classic game.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
???? Anyone know why Clark is still here?

I haven't checked or done any work, but I'm 99% sure UM has won more football natl championships than UIUC has won NCAA Basketball titles. If you want to add football and basketball together... well, has Illinois ever won in Football?

GO BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GODDAMN THIS GAME IS GONNA BE GREAT.

Got my Brady jersey on, ready to drink til the cows come home.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, Illinois is a 4-time national champ in football
None in the modern era [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], but it's something

Basketball National Champs

Not the most impressive record but not the worst either, especially with the constant battles verse the NCAA.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:42 PM

getting this back on topic,

great game, great win.

GO BUCKS!!!!

this was one of the greatest college football games ive ever seen. Biased because Im an OSU Alum, but this game was excellent all around.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Va Tech looks like it will probably stay with one loss the rest of the way and ND probably wont lose, OSU might be looking at the Capital One bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see Va Tech making a BCS Bowl unless Miami loses.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bowls would have to take a lower-ranked 2 loss team over a higher ranked 1 loss team for that to happen, but I guess it could. I'm not sure this win would be enough to put OSU ahead of them. Va Tech travels pretty well, so dont be surprised if it happens and you are playing the Georgia/LSU loser.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For a team with Lloyd Carr as a head coach, you guys sure are cocky.

[/ QUOTE ]

He truly is Tressel's beotch.