Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Getting tired of being white (7/11 trip report)

[ QUOTE ]
I would say calling people "porch monkeys" = pretty [censored] racist. Again, I'm allowing for the possibility that that was a brilliantly executed gag, but I have trouble giving you that kind of credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you have a lot of time on your hands, read all my replies. that one post was clearly racist, no matter how you interpret it.

now read the other posts and you'll see from a certain point of view, they might be racist but from many other POVs they are not. my other posts recognize that there are in fact differences between all the various races of people in this country/world. to say that there aren't differences is a statement of pure ignorance. I was simply trying to defend the point that it is a bad idea to address black people as 'botha' as opposed to something like "sir or mister". read my original post for further info on that. I was also calling people out who claimed to address all strangers, both black and white as 'brotha', telling them they were either lying or just being stupid. finally, i wanted people to realize that some people will be insulted if they are called 'brotha'
Old 10-16-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Read some of his other posts. He just likes to argue. He's basically a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a troll to you only because you disagree with some of the stuff i frequently say. I certainly recall us having a heated argument on something in the past, which clearly has had a lasting impact on your view of me and continued to this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

We've never had a "heated" argument. I've learned not to feed the trolls.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a troll to you only because you disagree with some of the stuff i frequently say. I certainly recall us having a heated argument on something in the past, which clearly has had a lasting impact on your view of me and continued to this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you certainly whined and cried, making about 10 pointless replies in one thread trying to prove and defend one of the many incorrect ideas you have
Old 10-16-2005, 02:35 AM

Thank you for the recap. I'm sure you'll get a solid B+ on your term paper. Now.

[ QUOTE ]
now read the other posts and you'll see from a certain point of view, they might be racist but from many other POVs they are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored] do you mean by this? Spell it out. No jibber-jabber. I'm a little slow.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you certainly whined and cried, making about 10 pointless replies in one thread trying to prove and defend one of the many incorrect ideas you have

[/ QUOTE ]
ur mom goes to college... teeheehee
Old 10-16-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is a trainwreck.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lighten up nancy. I dont see the point of all this bullshit, i call people brother all the time, white black asian whatever, and no one has ever said anything. anyone who thinks they can pin me as a racist because i use the word brother is wound up too tight, and deserves the ulcer they probably have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not understand the simple fact that not everybody thinks this way and feels its perfectly acceptable for white people to address black people as 'botha'? can you not see that some may take offense and find being calling 'brotha' disrespectful?

it is a familiar, informal greeting. common social etiquette states that one should address strangers in a formal and respect manner so as not to offend them. black people might think that because you aren't using a formal, respectful greeting that you look down on them

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, you and him must bury the hatchet and smoke a peace pipe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really thought you'd use the word firewater in this sentence.

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is a trainwreck.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. 110 replies in 2 hours tends to lean towards AFU. I'm goin to bed. I'm gonna dream pointy-hatted dreams...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you're referring to. It's possible we disagreed on something at some point, but I've obviously forgotten about it. And since I've forgotten about it, it has no bearing on my viewpoint that you're a troll.