Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best?Favorite Michael Jackson song
Billy Jean 33 35.11%
Smooth Criminal 14 14.89%
Beat it 10 10.64%
Thriller 12 12.77%
Bad 0 0%
Other 17 18.09%
None/Don't like any of it 8 8.51%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Should BK hire Tommy Angelo?

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly! This thread is a bunch of people backing up Tommy who don't even have $5,000 to use him or wouldn't dream of actually doing it, although they will support the idea of somebody else doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you cant be serious, there are people with waaay more than 5K who have suggested tommys services. a handful who have purchased his services and who swear by it.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, this thread is obviously just annoying now, but it's just so offensive that you can't get the point that I figured I would try one more time. Let's say, arguendo, that Tommy had never played a hand of poker in his life and didn't even know the rules of poker. But let's say, again just for argument's sake, that he could speak magic words to you which would cause you to never tilt at all and to play your complete perfect game to the best of your ability 100% of the time. How much would his advice be worth? What level games would he be able to beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

TA: Don't tilt.
Me: Ever?
TA: Ever.
Me: Ok, thanks.
TA: That'll be $5000
Me: *tilts*
Old 10-25-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK, this thread is obviously just annoying now, but it's just so offensive that you can't get the point that I figured I would try one more time. Let's say, arguendo, that Tommy had never played a hand of poker in his life and didn't even know the rules of poker. But let's say, again just for argument's sake, that he could speak magic words to you which would cause you to never tilt at all and to play your complete perfect game to the best of your ability 100% of the time. How much would his advice be worth? What level games would he be able to beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

TA: Don't tilt.
Me: Ever?
TA: Ever.
Me: Ok, thanks.
TA: That'll be $5000
Me: *tilts*

[/ QUOTE ]

That is seriously the funniest thing I've read in a while [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I would ever pay for coaching from someone with a lower winrate than me either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that someone who plays live can have an enormous win rate in BB/100 and still make less than even a mediocre online player. Are you saying someone who plays 300 hands per hour has nothing to learn from someone who plays 35 hands per hour just because he makes less money?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:40 AM

Give me one guy who makes over $300,000/year that has bought tommy's services?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:45 AM

LOL.. It's amazing how when Tommy osts a hand plenty of people quesiton what the hell he is talking about, but barely anybody here questions the value in his teachings...
Old 10-25-2005, 01:47 AM

Yes. Because being better but making way less is a sign that you aren't very smart if poker is your business and not just for pleasure.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. Because being better but making way less is a sign that you aren't very smart if poker is your business and not just for pleasure.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you have never taken a lower paying job bc you liked it more.

since money is allimportant to you you should realize that online poker is a fairly lowly profession in comparison to real gambling (the business world)
Old 10-25-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, the old "if yer so smart why ain't ya rich?" argument.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:52 AM

I can't speak for others, but I'm one of the people who have profound respect for Tommy. I've played against him and it's a good thing to do if you like burning money. I've also gotten to know him, and it's a good thing to do if you like getting the most out of life.

I still don't understand how people who don't know the man know how much money Tommy makes playing poker. Or who haven't played against him know about his poker ability. Everyone I know who's played against him says the same thing: don't.