Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: BIG PAPI = M V P

[ QUOTE ]
Are we still talking about this?

The article is correct and Ortiz doesn't belong anywhere near the MVP award.

The debate might be interesting if it were called "Most Valuable Hitter." In that case the results depend on how you quantify "clutch" hitting and how much value it has added to Ortiz's contributions compared to A-Rod's. I think he'd still probably lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i know the debate is over and exhausted. i was just venting about the espn commentators who did the sox game, ugh they were bad.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:34 AM

ive also been sick for the last 4 days. ive got a fever, its 95 and humid here and im wearing socks underneath my comforter because of the chills. this is hell.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The debate might be interesting if it were called "Most Valuable Hitter." In that case the results depend on how you quantify "clutch" hitting and how much value it has added to Ortiz's contributions compared to A-Rod's. I think he'd still probably lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i know the debate is over and exhausted. i was just venting about the espn commentators who did the sox game, ugh they were bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a lot of people on here don't like Joe Morgan, but I would take him over Sutcliffe (sp?) anyday. The guy never shuts the fck up. He always has a story about talking to some guy before the game and usually decides to tell this story after the player does something "great". The moron the other day said that after Arod, he would give Varitek the MVP. The other announcer laughed, and then Ricky said "I am being serious". And he was. Wow! I never realized how annoying I thought he was.

--End of rant

craig
Old 09-17-2005, 02:04 AM

i feel that. was he one of the guys doing the sox game on espn tonight? because those two were awful, as are the miller/morgan combo. its pathetic how espn cant get two competent people to call a nationally televised game.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel that. was he one of the guys doing the sox game on espn tonight? because those two were awful, as are the miller/morgan combo. its pathetic how espn cant get two competent people to call a nationally televised game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he was one of the guys doing the Oak/Bos game. He is horrible. Seriously, Morgan doesn't really get on my nerves that much.

Not only can ESPN not get any good announcers, but Fox can't either. Buck/McCarver are horrible as well. The only saving thing for McCarver is he was in "Basketball". Any announcers in that movie are A-OK in my book (especially Costas and Michaels..they were very funny in that).

craig
Old 09-17-2005, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only saving thing for McCarver is he was in "Basketball". Any announcers in that movie are A-OK in my book (especially Costas and Michaels..they were very funny in that).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean BASEketball. Great movie.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only saving thing for McCarver is he was in "Basketball". Any announcers in that movie are A-OK in my book (especially Costas and Michaels..they were very funny in that).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are right. I knew I messed that up somehow [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .

craig
I think you mean BASEketball. Great movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-17-2005, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a lot of people on here don't like Joe Morgan, but I would take him over Sutcliffe (sp?) anyday. The guy never shuts the fck up. He always has a story about talking to some guy before the game and usually decides to tell this story after the player does something "great". The moron the other day said that after Arod, he would give Varitek the MVP. The other announcer laughed, and then Ricky said "I am being serious". And he was. Wow! I never realized how annoying I thought he was.

--End of rant

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

So the moron is choosing to ignore the fact that Tek looks like a little girl at the plate right now? Ugh. It won't matter, at this rate the Sox won't even make the playoffs and it'll all be moot.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

--End of rant

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

So the moron is choosing to ignore the fact that Tek looks like a little girl at the plate right now? Ugh. It won't matter, at this rate the Sox won't even make the playoffs and it'll all be moot.

[/ QUOTE ]

you've been really pessimistic lately. This is the first time the Sox have held a lead in the division this late in the year in maybe 10 years at least. Yeah they have problems in the startin rotation and the bullpen, but so do the yankees. why be so negative for no reason?
Old 09-17-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Moron Manager

Walk the bases loaded to picth to Manny Ramirez with a rookie pitching who can't throw strikes.