Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Re: My 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wait.. your roll is 20K-ish? don't you play 100/200 at commerce?

[/ QUOTE ]

at the time my roll was well above 90k

i have since cashed out 60k

now i have 30k for 30-60 and commerce 40-80

[/ QUOTE ]

It was only a few days ago that you were playing 100-200 and tilted away almost 5K after droping 4K in the party 30/60 the night before: Klepton tilt/ego post

I've been harsh with you regarding the stealing... but given your previous history of gambling addiction taking over your life, e.g. cutting class and stealing to support it, you should seriously worry about the kind of actions you took a at the Commerce a few days ago. I think that poker may be a very dangerous profession for you.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:45 PM

well...that is only 25 BB's afterall. for a 100/200 player you need to be prepared for swings such as that.
of course, tilting away 25BB's at any limit is not advised in the first place...but it IS only 25 BB's.

what 'actions' at the commerce are we talking about here.
just his tiltish swing or were there other issues?

(haven't kept up on the other threads on him...but now I'm curious)
Old 08-05-2005, 11:50 PM

Ya.. I agree. It isn't much in terms of BB. But he clearly stated that he was playing in a game that he shouldn't have been. (I linked to his post)
Old 08-06-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do get free cable TV here though!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, I hope you're not stealing it.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The first 1/4 of this thread was pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too bad the bike stuff was included. I can understand wanting to own up to things done in the past. This can be good to do with friends, but in a forum like this it just isn't going to go over well.

The moving up stuff is much more important to me. I can't stay at 5/10 forever, as most of what I manage to put into savings will be gone at tax time.

I did play 10/20 full for a while. I was up 120BB within 4 days, but 5 weeks and 40,000 hands later I was only up 50BB total. I bounced around a lot during that month, but the final week of it was a 100BB slide consisting of all losing sessions of 10-30BB each.

Now I know these are not abnormal swings, but I felt I had to drop back down to regain some confidence. It is true that the old limit feels a lot easier after spending a while above it. I also cashed out a big chunk of the roll and paid off some debt, and that felt good too.

I guess I will have to take another shot at this 10/20 game once I get the roll back up. It seems like too big of a jump to skip over it.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Which OP did you read?

You say: "It's sad how many people miss the point of this thread.

I'd like to think I'm a pretty moral guy, and that I think stealing is a pretty horrible thing to do, but to focus on that and ignore the real intent of this post is just well... par for the course for the internet, but I'd hope that 2+2 was slightly smarter."

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't miss the point of the thread. The OP never said he regreted stealing, he said "I did some things I'm not proud of." He also said "that's the point of this thread - move up." Which post did you read?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2005, 12:38 AM

well...there really isn't much to that post beyond

[ QUOTE ]
i lost like 4k at the party 30-60 last night, so jason suggest we go to commerce and i agree, thinking maybe the 100-200 will be as good as it was last time.

[/ QUOTE ]

lose on 30/60....lets go play 100/200!!!!
Great idea

although to be fair....this isn't a horrible plan if one is sufficiently bankrolled for the 100/200 game and if it is as good sometimes as I imagine it is.
although the implication from the post is that he went to play 100/200 partly BECAUSE he dropped $4k on the 30/60.

And he admitted to staying in a game that he didn't think was very good (possibly because he was still frustrated from having dropped the $4k earlier).

I don't know.
I don't think reading THAT much into the post is warranted....but it does seem to be rather 'steamish' (not steamboatin...but just 'steaming' away one's money out of frustration)
Old 08-06-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Which OP did you read?

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't miss the point of the thread. The OP never said he regreted stealing, he said "I did some things I'm not proud of." He also said "that's the point of this thread - move up." Which post did you read?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i named myself klepton to remind myself of the wrong ideals i once had.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-06-2005, 12:57 AM

My gripe is if Klepton plans on or already has made retributions towards what he has done. When someone suggested he donated $1400 towards a charity Kelpton replied, "can i give it to the homeless man that lives on the corner?"

Its one thing to realize your faults, but its another thing to make steps towards righting your wrong.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My gripe is if Klepton plans on or already has made retributions towards what he has done. When someone suggested he donated $1400 towards a charity Kelpton replied, "can i give it to the homeless man that lives on the corner?"

[/ QUOTE ]

He was trying to be funny. At least, given what I know about the story that statement made me laugh.

[ QUOTE ]
Its one thing to realize your faults, but its another thing to make steps towards righting your wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.