Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: The Official Bunkfest 2005 (New York City) summer event details.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Is that area in Brooklyn decent? Like, not totally ghetto?
Old 07-17-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I'll check them out.

Is that area in Brooklyn decent? Like, not totally ghetto?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget his Brooklyn idea, it will take you an hour and 1/2 just to get into Manhattan... its in the middle of nowhere. His Super 8 idea isn't 1/2 bad, but my Jersey City hotel is much closer (although $50 more a night).

I just got a rate at the Dream Hotel in Times Square from a friend today, I was surprised its only $250 a weeknight... thats a fantastic rate. If you feel like being a baller... good choice.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2005, 03:34 PM

It's a very good area - not ritzy, but very solid and safe. It's actually right in the middle of the largest Hasidim community in Brooklyn, which means the largest Hasidim Community anywhere. That freaks some people out at first who are not used to being around them, but you'll find they are very cool and friendly in general, if you talk to them. It's a 28 minute ride from the 50th Street Station in Brookyn to 34th St. in Manhatten on the D Train (Orange Line near bottom of map) I get on at the 39th St. Station and the trains almost always run on time except for rush hour.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:15 PM

Tom:

He will be gong back to the hotel regularly at 4AM or later.... The D train to Brooklyn is not a good idea for a visitor.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:44 AM

Oh Yeah on another note, I expect to see some PWNTOWN City council Shirts this night.

Not only do the winners of the tourney get them , I will be handing a couple out for some really worthy plays /moves that will put someone in the council status.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This Super 8 Motel is in North Bergen, NJ[/url] . It's right outside the Lincoln Tunnel and the bus ride from Port Authority Bus Terminal on 41st St. is litteraly only 10 minutes.

The D train, the same train I take, is a block away and gets you into Midtown in 30 minutes or less. Only $100. for one or two people. For an extra $30 you get a suite with a living room designed to throw wild parties in. Might be less if you go through priceline or use some club discounts or something. I've never been inside, but it's real nice from the outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

These ideas suck. I dont know what your budget is, but there are adequate hotels in NYC that will cost you less than $100/night. For a start, try www.habitatny.com which is conveniently located in Midtown. I have actually stayed there a few years ago and it is basic, but fine. Priceline is also your friend.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:38 AM

That looks like a good find, but what does "Euro shared bath" mean?

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This Super 8 Motel is in North Bergen, NJ[/url] . It's right outside the Lincoln Tunnel and the bus ride from Port Authority Bus Terminal on 41st St. is litteraly only 10 minutes.

The D train, the same train I take, is a block away and gets you into Midtown in 30 minutes or less. Only $100. for one or two people. For an extra $30 you get a suite with a living room designed to throw wild parties in. Might be less if you go through priceline or use some club discounts or something. I've never been inside, but it's real nice from the outside.

[/ QUOTE ]

These ideas suck. I dont know what your budget is, but there are adequate hotels in NYC that will cost you less than $100/night. For a start, try www.habitatny.com which is conveniently located in Midtown. I have actually stayed there a few years ago and it is basic, but fine. Priceline is also your friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks like a fantastic find Derek... I bookmarked it for the future. Thanks.

ok... you got me. I really only responded because it was time to bump this thread up a bit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2005, 02:47 PM

FYI. Mr. and Mrs. Colgin will be there.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI. Mr. and Mrs. Colgin will be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fantastic. She can she out-play Mrs. Bunky?

The tournament structure was confirmed today, for those who asked it is a limit tournament, 8 players per table, blinds only during the stud games portion of the tourney. T2000 chips per team to start.

Closed Thread