Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Well sekrah?

[ QUOTE ]

I challenged him to a match, he cowered back into the corner like a gutless punk.. Then called out on it, he comes back with an large amount of money that he knows I won't match.

[/ QUOTE ]

$5000 is roughly my opportunity cost for 100 hours of 20/40 and 40/80.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming a blended mix of 20/40 and 40/80 (making it a 30/60 game), your rate is roughly .83 BB/hour. You should work on your in-person reads.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Will you let me take your picture?

Sekrah,

At least let me take a snap shot of you.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming a blended mix of 20/40 and 40/80 (making it a 30/60 game), your rate is roughly .83 BB/hour. You should work on your in-person reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

bwahaha, Sfer obviously needs to get the same Oakley's that the troll has, he obviously can read into his opponents soul to put them on one hand, and ONLY one hand.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 02:38 PM

No, not one hand.

I put my opponents on one of three hands.

A) Better than mine
B) Worse than mine
C) A Draw.

and very, VERY good at it.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Do it online

[ QUOTE ]
I'm good in live play because I'm good at determining how strong (or weak) everybody at the table is. I don't put people on a "Range" of hands.. I put people on A HAND!

[/ QUOTE ]
This is awesome.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Except for an occaisonal MTT, I don't play online.

My strengths are my reads, not mechanical play. I prefer live play. The entire discussion and dispute of me laying down TPTK was based on my reads.

I can guarantee you, my BB per 100 hands would be lower online than it is in live play. I'm not a good online player.. No reads, too many other distractions around the house, and no interest in competing against data miners are the primary reasons.

I'm good in live play because I'm good at determining how strong (or weak) everybody at the table is. I don't put people on a "Range" of hands.. I put people on A HAND!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not enough to put someone on a hand, you also have to know what the right play is once you make that read.

By the way, I think sfer is one of the better hand readers on 2+2. He is definitely better than me at hand reading.

For the games you are playing hand reading is highly overated. If you are intent on putting someone on a specific hand you are making a big mistake. I guarantee that in the long run your over-reliance on hand reading will lead you to have worse results than someone who doesn't read well at all but who plays technically excellent.

If you were playing in game in which most of your opponents played fairly well, it would be different. But in the live games you are talking about you are almost better off if you never put your opponent on a specific hand.

You are a guy who knows a thing or two about poker and is running well over a short period of time. Good luck. I don't know why sfer is wasting his time with you - I guess he thinks it is fun.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:48 PM

My hand reading consists of, Strong, Weak, Draw.. I'm pretty good at putting people on one of those 3 characteristics.

I think going through all the possible hands somebody could be holding at a particular moment is the wrong road to go down..
Old 07-07-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My hand reading consists of, Strong, Weak, Draw.. I'm pretty good at putting people on one of those 3 characteristics.

I think going through all the possible hands somebody could be holding at a particular moment is the wrong road to go down..

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should write a book on Hold'em. Your concepts are so revolutionary, it would be a best seller. Can someone introduce him to Avery Cardoza?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty clear sfer doesn't want to be there when I'm there and he's pretty much being a coward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was your father an idiot, too?