Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: A frustrating end to my poker career

I am guessing that you havfe the metality that Playing "better" players is easier thanplaying bad players.

"Small stakes hold'em games are notoriously loose. Some people think they are too loose: 'Nobody folds. It turns the game into a crapshoot. It's like playing bingo.' The implication here is that your opponants ultra loose play can somehow prevent you from winning in the long run, just as if you were playing craps or bingo....This notion, ofcourse, is absurd.

This came from the book Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller David Sklansy and Mason Malmuth. Which I recommend you read and thouroughly study. Also (like everyone else here has said) you need a proper bankroll and better management skills. Take some time away from the tables and just plain study and pay off your debts. Visit this site religously and read as much as possible. Search for old threads that concern topics of interest to you. There is a site that will prevent you from logging in to any poker site for 6 months to allow you to cool off and reestablish yourself. The site I believe is selfexclusions.com.au. This may be somthing to look into.

Of course if after so much studing and time and lost money, you may have to come to the conclusion that your not made for poker. SSHE should help though check it out.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:25 PM

Another blow up thread ? Damn. What did I miss ?
Old 06-25-2005, 05:18 PM

some really good advice and some OP bashing