Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: PokerNow is detecting PV/PT or possibly PokerStove

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm not mistaken, Party changed the wording of their TOS recently which is the source of much of this confusion. The message you linked to is much older.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is indeed true.

Except for one or two posters, the issue is not with PT, but with GT+/PV, etc. which enable real-time tracking.

I still think this is not that big of an issue.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: PokerNow is detecting PV/PT or possibly PokerStove

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm not mistaken, Party changed the wording of their TOS recently which is the source of much of this confusion. The message you linked to is much older.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's your post, so you would know!
I can't be bothered to read this whole thread, ya know. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 08:36 AM

Default Eurobet\'s response

Still Awaiting Party's response.:

Dear Kyle
Thank you for your email.
In response to your question. The only programs that are currently blocked, are those which enable play to be automated for the user.
Software which tracks or analyses statistics is not currently prohibited in our poker room. Please not however that this does not mean that we may not take action to prevent the use of these programs in the future.
I hope this answers your question. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards
David
Eurobet Customer Service

To whom it may concern:

I am requesting clarification on the status of some programs that I use. It came to my attention in this thread on a poker message board:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...art=1&vc=1

My question is as follows. I currently use Pokertracker and an attachment GameTime Plus. These can be found @ www.pokertracker.com.

My typical screen while I am playing would have Pokertracker running and automatically requesting hand histories from sites that I play at. These include Ultimate Bet, Party network, Absolute, Paradise, Pacific, and Poker Stars. I play three tables at a time and at any one time may have 3-5 of these sites open.

I also have my Gametime Plus program open. In case you failed to visit the PokerTracker website I will explain how it works. Gametime Plus parses my PokerTracker Database and displays relevant statistics of the players who are seated at my table, the program overlays the stats over my tables and is in effect a Heads Up Display.

Neither Pokertracker or GT+ calculate odds or otherwise prompt you how to play. Pokertracker merely gathers information from the hand histories and GT+ displays it.

For instance if I am at a table with "Joepartypoker" and I have in the past played 50 hands with him, Gametime Plus displays how often he has entered the pot, how often he has went to showdown...etc.

I also use pokertracker to export player notes into my Party Poker notefiles.

I have used Pokertracker for about a year and GT+ for about three months. I have used them on your network as well as other sites with no problem.

So am I violating your rules? If so please tell me and I will cease. However, the way I will cease will be to stop playing on the Party Network. The other sites that I mentioned have no problem with Pokertracker or GT+. I currently play roughly 15,000 hands a month of either Limit Holdem or PLO8. About 60% of these hands are played on the Party Network. However, it would not be a problem to spread these hands out to other sites. I doubt whether my monthly take would be dramatically affected. I would also have the peace of mind of knowing that I am following the rules.

I request that your responses be concise. I would also request your permission to post your response at the 2+2 website.

Sincerely

Kyle

Screen Names:

Flair1239 (Party Poker)
Flair11 (Eurobet)
Old 06-23-2005, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Eurobet\'s response

You're just going to get a form response that doesn't answer your question at all. Still, well written email.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Eurobet\'s response

Very well written