Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Who the hell are you? It's stay 'brown trout'! 75 33.04%
Sup bro! 102 44.93%
Chatting is for the fish 50 22.03%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Can DSklansky beat the $4/8k

lol, I can hit a ball off of a tee, that means I'm good enough to play in the majors.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Are you clueless?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gee, so you're saying that there's actually no contradiction between Barry saying he can beat the game for 0.5BB/hr with good game selection, and DS saying that nobody could beat the game for 0.5BB/hr if they had to play 5hrs a day every day?

Stunning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to be condescending to me for some specific reason? I'm not expecting this to be stunning - it's been stated here in black and white for everyone to see

[/ QUOTE ]

As I hoped was apparent by my other posts on the topic, I was trying to be condescending to Olu, not you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. He's the only one completely missing the point.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:09 PM

Default G a m e S e l e c t i o n

Game selection
is it possible that game selection includes deciding what games to play?

example: suggesting to play PLO, PLH, and NL 2-7 Lowball instead of 08, LH, 7C Stud Hi-Lo and 7C Stud.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to ask how it is possible that the game is always going on, with the same players, but no one wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, maybe because they play other games and bring that money with them. LONG term nobody will beat a game like that for .5BB/hr. Someone might win 2bb/hr for a night then lose 1bb/hr the next night and lose 1.5bb/hr the 3rd night while finally winning .3bb/hr the 4th night.

At any given endeavor there is a point of diminishing returns. I'd put forth the guess that $2k/$4k is well past that point.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Daniel N comments.

Where is their spreadsheet for this game? Until I started a spreadsheat I THOUGHT I was doing much better long term than I was. Being the biggest winner (is that nightly? weekly? monthly? or total sum?) in the last decade is a big open ended statement.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:49 PM

I think the skill differential in this game is larger than most people think (except when the table is filled with all stars). They play mixed games, long sessions, etc. Players do not always play their A games and are not invulnerable.

For example, Barry G has stated he and other players won't play Sammy Farha in shorthanded Omaha because he is too good. They force him to mix in other games because he is so good at Omaha. This is Barry G saying this, that Farha has an advantage over him.

These players are not as close in skill to each other in all games and at all times as many posters like to think.