Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: watch a live cash game via internet right now.. this is funny

[ QUOTE ]
Rick,

I have also done some (non-professional) broadcasting but think I could do a good job if you need someone else.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are serious PM me.

~ Rick
Old 02-13-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've seen Best in Show, but the only similiarity I've noticed is that Denny Williams would be the Fred Willard character. Could I be enlightened further?

[/ QUOTE ]

No further enlightenment needed. You got it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 08:01 AM

First of all, I want to thank all those people that have posted comments about the “Live at the Bike” presentation. As many of you know we have been only streaming the games for about a week and a half and the production is only in its preliminary test stages. I commentated portions of the program Friday night and called the entire show on Saturday. I will be working on and off throughout the up coming weeks as the webcast can be seen from 6-10PM pacific time.

I will be coming to 2+2 after every show looking for feedback from viewers and discussing some of the hands of that night. I appreciate constructive criticism and any suggestions that people may have to improve the quality of the broadcast.

Several people have spoken to me about improvements that could be made to make the show more viewer friendly. Two of the most common problems that I continue to hear are that people cannot figure out how much players are betting and that the seat #s are confusing. When we spread the NL $200 game only yellow five $ chips are used. I see what the viewer sees and it sometimes is difficult to figure out how many chips are going into the pot. In the NL $500 game it is even harder to figure out pot amounts because purple $25 chips are used. It’s been suggested by Rick that we use different sized chips so that the viewer can figure out for themselves the worth of each bet. Any suggestions on this problem would be appreciated. As far as seat #s go I will make a concerted effort to continue to remind viewers that the seat #s start at the dealer’s left (the right of the dealer when looking at the screen) and proceed clockwise.

The technical problems and functional problems such as zooming in on the winning hand and listing the hole cards quickly will get better with time. As commentators we are trying to balance solid poker discussion along with basic explanation of poker terms so that a novice fan can understand the conversation. It probably seems monotonous when we stop and define terms but are director thinks that it is important to attract people that may be totally new to poker.

There has been some discussion that we may possibly be streaming a 1000-2000 limit holdem game on Thursday night. This would be a very exciting game to tune into as high stakes limit poker is filled with action. We will definitely work on getting this game filmed....

I would like to discuss a couple of “interesting”–I will stop trying to use that word so much-- hands that occurred on Saturday night.

The gentlemen that was sitting in Seat 6 was playing fairly tight and very straightforward all night long.

Hand 1 (approximately) NL$200 Max buy in.

4 limpers.
Seat 6 $350 4c 4d.
Seat 3 $200 Qc Jd

FLOP: 4h 4s Jh.

Seat 1 bet $10
Seat 3 call
Seat 6 call
Seat 8 folds.

This is a pretty standard play for someone who flops quads from the back. You want whoever is on a draw to make their draw and you want to disguise your hand.

TURN: 2s

Seat 1 bet $20
Seat 3 folds
Seat 6 calls.

Denny made a comment that he would have pumped this hand up a bit on the turn, perhaps doubling the size of the bet. I do not think that this is necessarily a bad move but I think if you raise here some people would think that you are representing a 4. I don’t wait until the turn to raise with trips on a board with 2 suits. I do it right on the flop. Some people try to slowplay these hands, however. If seat 6 has a Jack he may call here but if his jack is weak he is not going to call a big bet on the river. By flat calling here you might also disguise your hand as a flush draw.

RIVER: Qd

Seat 1 bet $25
Seat 6 all-in
Seat 1 Call

Denny was disgusted by this bet when Seat 6 shoved. I like the move though, for a number of reasons. Since seat 6 is a very straight forward player you really can’t put him on a 4 if he didn’t raise on the flop, and especially if he didn’t raise on the turn. He most likely does not have an overpair as he didn’t raise before the flop. His move could be interpreted as a big bluff on a busted out straight draw. The pot was moderately sized, about $100 so a big steal bet might not be out of the question. From seat 6's point of view there also is a possibility that seat 1 holds Q J for top two pair. I think that the all in bet was the right move in this position. Seat 1 really couldnt go anywhere and called.

The second hand I want to address also involves seat 6. The pot had 6 limpers. Flop was all diamonds including the ace. Seat 6 flopped the nut flush with KD 8d, another seat flopped a small flush and another made top and bottom pair. The pot was only about $35. Seat 6 was first to act and pushed all in with $500! Denny hated this play and this time I have to agree with him. I defend solid play and I have no problem with pushing in with a made hand. I also am usually not a proponent of slowplaying but in this case an bet of this magnitude was incorrect. Even if the rest of the table didn’t think he had a made hand, perhaps only the king of diamonds, you most likely are not going to get callers unless someone flopped a set, a smaller flush, or perhaps two pair. Funny enough, two of these three outcomes occurred and seat 6 got calls from both the small flush and the two pair.

There is a school of thought that says to bet big when a nut flush is flopped because if another flush card hits the nut flopped flush will unlikely get a lot of action. I think that Seat 6 should have slightly overbet the pot, say maybe $50-60. That way there, someone may think you are semi-bluffing into the pot with the KD and u may get a reraise with something like AK, KQ, KJ, or K10. None of those hand are going to call a $600 bet into that type of flop. In this situation you have to figure out the best way to go about extracting the most amount of money from the table. Seat 6 was lucky that two other players flopped strong hands.

I will most likely be broadcasting on Wednesday with Shirley Rosario. All of the comments that I have seen on the threads have been positive regarding her commentary. She originally was a cocktail waitress at the bike and now plays poker full time. Everyone should check out here site www.poker-babes.com. It’s got great poker information and bios about the top poker players as well as a journal about her experiences in poker that she almost updates daily. I look forward to checking back here.

Bart
barthanson1@yahoo.com
Old 02-14-2005, 08:11 AM

please tell Shirley "the other way round"
Old 02-18-2005, 12:56 AM

There is a $400/$800 limit holdem game on right now with great action. Check out the thread in the 2+2 WPT and TV poker forum for more info.

~ Rick
Old 02-19-2005, 12:48 AM

Bump!
Old 02-19-2005, 01:21 AM

any1 watching now? they ran the river 3 times. i dno who won though? i think it was seat 5 right?

something like 4xx all hearts with 44 and QhQx turn blank t they get all in on turn but they run the river 3 times b4 they flip or something. Q hit the river and he woulda won if he didnt chop but i dno who won what.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:31 AM

Yea... insane hand.
Seat 2: Qx,Qh
Seat 5: 44
Seat 7 (I think): TT

Flop: 3,4,9 all hearts
Seat 2 bet, Seat 5 raised, Seat 7 folds

Turn: T
Seat 2 checked, Seat 5 all-in, Seat 2 announced call but took his action back (shady). They agree to deal 3x

River 1: Q
River 2: blank
River 3: blank

Seat 5 won 2/3 of the pot. The commentator made it sound as if Seat 5 offered insurance but he didn't. They just dealt thrice.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea... insane hand.
Seat 2: Qx,Qh
Seat 5: 44
Seat 7 (I think): TT

Flop: 3,4,9 all hearts
Seat 2 bet, Seat 5 raised, Seat 7 folds

Turn: T
Seat 2 checked, Seat 5 all-in, Seat 2 announced call but took his action back (shady). They agree to deal 3x

River 1: Q
River 2: blank
River 3: blank

Seat 5 won 2/3 of the pot. The commentator made it sound as if Seat 5 offered insurance but he didn't. They just dealt thrice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job explaining what happened. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, I emailed Bart a procedure I wrote a year or so ago (later I posted the actual procedure in the thread). Note that the floor Tim Rayneck came into the booth and explained it correctly.

I'm not surprised that Denny didn't understand it - this isn't allowed in tournaments (Denny is Tournament Director at the Bike). Generally you don't see it that often except in the bigger NL and pot limit games and we don't allow it in the restricted buy in NL games because of the jackpot.

~ Rick
Old 02-19-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Opps, wrong thread

[ QUOTE ]
As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, I emailed Bart a procedure I wrote a year or so ago (later I posted the actual procedure in the thread). Note that the floor Tim Rayneck came into the booth and explained it correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry - I got mixed up with the multiple threads going on regarding "Live At Bike". Here is a link to the other more active thread from tonight where I posted the above.

Regards,

Rick