Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 05:28 PM

Default Re: GREG RAYMER= OVERATTED ON 2+2??

let's have a BIG belly laugh for MLG here...

I'm hoping someone else got the humor in this post.....I did & I think it's

....pretty gd funny!!

...thanks for the humor injection on this snowy day!!

Myrt.......

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Re: To Desdia, the biggest dork on this site

Of COURSE Fossilman is overrated. He obviosly either doesn't know proper word usage when resonding to posts, or eats worms.

[ QUOTE ]
We wait with baited breath.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-06-2004, 05:39 PM

Default Re: To Desdia, the biggest dork on this site

[ QUOTE ]
Of COURSE Fossilman is overrated. He obviosly either doesn't know proper word usage when resonding to posts, or eats worms.

[ QUOTE ]
We wait with baited breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

....shouldn't that be.....'baited fish-breath'?

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but as he has generously offered sound advice for quite some time now and backed this up with wins/solid finishes in several large tournaments, I don't see why people shouldn't be.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You used "finishes" in plural form. Do you mind explaining to me the several large tournaments in which Raymer finished solid in? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to point it out, I finally read the entire thread and proved myself wrong in the process. Raymer has infact placed pretty well in a few tournaments since his WSOP victory. I shall be more carefull next time before questioning someones accomplishments.

[ QUOTE ]
You must not see as many of his posts as I do. Seeing as how you asked, I'll quote a couple later. Consider yourself wrong in advance, otherwise I wouldn't have posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Consider myself wrong in advance, not likely. Btw, I'm still waiting for the Zaxx threads.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now Raymer's play in the TOC is a different matter entirely. Where did you see "horrid horrid horrid" play at any time? He made some moves and got caught. That sort of thing happens in winner take all tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

read your last paragraph again. try raising with dominated hands preflop, then calling over the top all-ins with those same hands because of pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, by your logic, if Greg raises pre-flop with KK and calls an all-in against AA because of pot odds, it's a "horrid, horrid play".

Got it.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:28 PM

Why don't we just settle this with a 5 million dollar freezeout...Greg vs Desdia. Oh wait desdia doesn't have 5 million dollars...
Old 12-06-2004, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't we just settle this with a 5 million dollar freezeout...Greg vs Desdia. Oh wait desdia doesn't have 5 million dollars...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, talk about a pathetic attempt of an insult. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 08:45 PM

Ok Synth, got a minute, then I'm done with this thread, it's tourney time for the evening.

Let's start with his original post: disrespectful. Again, I submit to you that had he wanted to ask a legitimate question, he could have simply asked "is GR over-rated?" I would welcome that - for the last time, I'm not a GR fanboy. But as you will see below, he doesn't like the guy. If he can make posts/comments dripping with disdain, I can make posts about one of the biggest knuckleheads on this board; the guy annoys the hell out of me. However, unlike Zaxx, I'm not gonna submit you to a different comment (about my dislike for him) in every post or a different thread every other week. Am I the only one who thought it was snide? Judging by the reactions of people here (including how GR saw it), I highly doubt it. Hell, let's just take this quote from the thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Well good luck with that desdia....Myrt how does it feel to idolize some obese dude who yelps in a high pitch: pressssto and wears disney paraphenalia at the table....we all need heros I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zaxx doesn't have Raymer on the brain? These comments are all from the last two weeks alone , but this thread was just for discussion? Right. I'll say it again - he doesn't like the Arieh/Williams bashing, so he decided to start a bashing thread of his own :

[ QUOTE ]

5BB HELL NO. That is way too high you will be "Raymer stuck" to call alot of all-ins when you dont have a prayer.

May the Raymer be with you.

Or Sossman he could just read Greg Raymers posts here and becoming a great player who never can fold AQ

I guess Raymer sucking out against someone who had all his chips in with AA is ok especially when the stakes are like 1000x higher right lol.

He's 8x the player Raymer is you can take that too the bank and deposit it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Here, in big, pretty CAPS so he understands: WE KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE THE GUY AND/OR RESPECT HIS PLAY. ENOUGH ALREADY.

Obviously, I ran a search for all of Zaxx's posts. My computer spoke in tongues then melted. After fixing it, I looked through his posts, and I will honestly say that Zaxx does try to help people sometimes. His hyperactive dude-speak, post-count obsession, constant insults, and rambling, incoherent arguments annoy me, but I'm glad you find them useful.

If it isn't clear enough now why I think he started this thread, then I can't help you. We can agree to disagree. I need to get back to the tables, my focus sucks as it is and this isn't helping.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

AS FOR PEDIGREE IM NOT REALLY SURE HOW THIS SPECIFICALLY WOULD OR SHOULD QUALIFY ME JUDGE THE RELATIVE STRENGTH OF PLAYERS...WAS HOWARD COSSELL MUCH OF A PUGILIST??? THEN HOW COULD HE HAVE THE AUDACITY TO COMMENT ON ALI'S SKILLS VERSUS A FOREMAN CORRECT??OOOPS NO THATS JUST ACININE...AND SPECIOUS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Socrates would disagree.

I agree, however.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:56 PM

Silversurfer says:

Let's start with his original post: disrespectful. Again, I submit to you that had he wanted to ask a legitimate question, he could have simply asked "is GR over-rated?" I would welcome that ...

UH LOOK AT THE NAME OF THE ENTIRE THREAD!!!LOL

And dude you must really have alot on your plate in life to search all my threads lol [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] . Im not really sure when you developed this preternatural hatred of me or why it persists. Surely I have made some acinine comments on here many about a month or two ago when I first started posting. I think I have mellowed considerably since then and would appreciate if you actually read threads b4 summarily flaming...As for my style it will continue to be casual bc i believe a casual approach to grammar and structure is perfectly fine for online message boarding. This type of online protocals are new and everyone has their own standards. As long as you can understand the content of one of my posts I am satisfied; as I am not really trying to impress anyone here, just engage in a free flow of ideas.