Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2004, 12:30 PM

Default Re: New problem on .6u

Can you add in table averages? I use them a lot in gametime to make quick decision about if the table is worth staying at, or how to play certain tables.

This is really the only thing I have felt I'm missing out on going from gametime to PlayerView.

Another thing to help clean up layouts. Formatting text. Be able to say how many total charecters to display. This way you can make everything day 3 charecters wide. The black text boxes can then all line up nice and neat. Example, set it to 3 places. It will display whatever it can in exactly 3 charecters. Like VPIP might be 36.7 PFR at 5.67 Agg 1.00 etc.

It would also be handy to set things like that on a per stat basis, not a global setting. Maybe I only need 2 charecters for VPIP but I would like 3 for total ave agg.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:33 PM

Yes this is because the new version uses modification times of files to tell which HHF it should be reading, sometimes the modification dates get messed up (because windows rules). I'm not sure what causes that, it looks like I'm going to have to do something about it though.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:43 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion this has something to do with PT, try it without PT in the background and let me know if that helps.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:40 PM

this happens to me when I have a bunch fo stuff running (i.e. data mine on 4 other skins, pt importing). When I shut down the dataminig tables and close pt, the playerview stats appear at my tabels again. I suppose its a memory issue.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:10 PM

Yea its actually not a memory issue its a file write time issue. I'm not sure whats causing it, I suppose its a windows of some variety...basically when you have a lot of processes accessing the same file (PT & PV) and another one (Partypoker) writes to it, the file last written time doesn't get updated accordingly.

PV uses the file write time to determine if its looking at an old HHF or a new HHF. Thus, it screws PV up. I might have to revert to the old system of doing things, sadly. The old way was slower, but it was not affected by this windows problem.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:39 PM

Version 6 worked perfectly for me but .65 is not working well at all. Is it hard to put version .6 back up on the webite? I deleted it when installing new version.

Edit to say it seems to work when I shut PT down. For some reason I thought PT had to be open to make it work because the programs ran together. Reading above I can see I was wrong.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:54 PM

Poker tracker has a checkbox that you can click that says my pc does not update timestamps. Mabye you could do the same thing.

silly
Old 11-20-2004, 08:26 PM

I'm trying to use .65R (the first one I've tried) and getting no overlays. The tables show up in the main screen, and I selected the right DB, and I have no filters applied to the layout, but I get nothing. I'm getting exactly the same debug message as Douper posted a few posts back. For what it's worth, I know that my comp doesn't update timestamps, as I found out with Pokertracker. Is that the problem?

-Freeze
Old 11-21-2004, 02:26 AM

Default Re: THREAD FOR PROBLEMS WITH PLAYERVIEW

Is it just me or are the numbers for BB/100 completely erroneous? PlayerView numbers for Net won are correct though.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:33 AM

Default Re: THREAD FOR PROBLEMS WITH PLAYERVIEW

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or are the numbers for BB/100 completely erroneous? PlayerView numbers for Net won are correct though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are the real BA, then welcome to the forums. If not, welcome anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]