FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Was it
Schneids? 20 30.77%
fsuplayer? 8 12.31%
gonores? 17 26.15%
Peter_rus? 20 30.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2004, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Rap fans - best album of all time?

[ QUOTE ]
Ice T- Rhyme Pays
Run DMC- Raising Hell
NWA- Straight Outta Compton
Public Enemy- It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back
Beastie Boys- Paul's Boutique (may not qualify has a 'true' rap album but is a fantastic piece of work)

Old school represent!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good list.

By far Nation of Millions is #1 IMO. Honorable mentions to Paid in Full and Straight Outta Compton.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Bleh, I like DMX's first two albums a lot, everything afterwards is weak in comparison, and its really weak.

Beastie Boys are tight man, and you won't sway my opinion. You need to realize that there music is from the early era of rap where everything was about being an MC and having fun. Same thing with Run DMC and early LL.

As for Ultramagnetic, I don't like them, nor do I like Kool Keith or Dr. Octagon, or whatever he goes by. I don't like the weird [censored] man. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

As for your initial question, what is the best rap cd, it comes down to three IMO, Dre-The Chronic, BIG- Ready to Die, and Nas- Illmatic. I have heard nothing in the past 8-9 years better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading this thread after i saw such utter horseshit if someone has already showed you the light i apologize.....

Wow you are lucky i only found this thread just now, when retards like beastie boys were popular you had guys like bdp, eric b and rakim, public enemy, big daddy kane the list goes on and on. Beastie boys had/have no lyrical talent or delivery and isnt that what MCing is all about? Beastie boys were a joke like fatboys, kid n play, fresh prince and jazzy jeff etc.. marketed towards the 8-12 year old kiddies the fact you actually think they have talent tells me you shouldnt even be answering in this thread.

2pac was a decent actor but as far as an artist i think my farts sound better and have more flava.

For best of all time i dont think i could list any album from the past ten years.

In no particular order BDP by all means necessary
Eric b Rakim paid in full
Public Enemy nation of millions
Mobb deep infamous
Smif n Wessun -u know the one
Old 11-18-2004, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beastie boys had/have no lyrical talent or delivery and isnt that what MCing is all about? Beastie boys were a joke like fatboys, kid n play, fresh prince and jazzy jeff etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Russell Simmons if he thinks the Beastie Boys represent hip hop. Ask Run DMC what they think.

[ QUOTE ]
For best of all time i dont think i could list any album from the past ten years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? Sounds like you just think rap was better in the old days, and nobody can sway you. Rakim is arguably the greatest of all time, but if you don't recognize that Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt is a great album, then I don't know what to tell you.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow you are lucky i only found this thread just now, when retards like beastie boys were popular you had guys like bdp, eric b and rakim, public enemy, big daddy kane the list goes on and on. Beastie boys had/have no lyrical talent or delivery and isnt that what MCing is all about? Beastie boys were a joke like fatboys, kid n play, fresh prince and jazzy jeff etc.. marketed towards the 8-12 year old kiddies the fact you actually think they have talent tells me you shouldnt even be answering in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ] After reading this, it is apparent you are stupid.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:57 AM

I'm surprised the Marshall Mathers LP is ranked higher than The Eminem Show. TES I can (and have) leave in my car cd player for MONTHS and not get tired of it.

When I listened to The Chronic, pretty much all the songs sounded the same. Yeah, interesting lyrics, but every beat seemed a copy of the other. Good for when you're smokin' the dope, I guess.

Surprisingly to me, when it comes down to it, I'd put The Eminem Show near or above the old LL or PE albums. Song for song might be different, but when we're talking entire albums, every song counts. Certain PE songs I can't get enough of, but the rest on the albums were sometimes weak. I could loop "Can't Truss It" for hours, though. "Kickin' wicked rhymes like a fortune teller...."
Old 11-18-2004, 06:30 AM

Bass in your face
Not an eight track

People sleep way too hard on on "Can't Truss It." Good call.