Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Question?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

So now that I have learned that this particular opponent (plus Clarkmeister [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) is capable of making a surprise laydown on the river in a fairly large pot, what's that worth to me in the long run?

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

at least 6BB / night from him... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2004, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Question?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still waiting to hear one hand that Mason would play exactly in this fashion that doesn't beat top pair no kicker. One.

[/ QUOTE ]

just the other day, Mason played 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] exactly the same way, same board, same players... except the opponent folded while flashing pocket AA... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2004, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Hand To Talk About

I know I'm really late to this discussion but I hope someone responds to this. In my opinion, "feeling trapped" with AJ and subsequently calling two cold on the flop is horrendous(even calling the first bet is questionable but certainly much more understandable). calling in early position with 89 suited might not be that great of a play but its a lot better than cold calling raises with junk (by the way, I'm pretty resolute about this judgement but would welcome any explanation of why this call with AJ might be a good). if this guy is even a reasonably good player, I can't put him on anything but 89 suited.

For the sake of argument, let's say that calling two cold with AJ is terrible. We then have to ask what category of "terrible" it falls in to. Personally, I think it falls into the "calls too many bets with questionable hands" category of terrible. If that's the case, his fold on the river--even though it may have been very good--does not at all seem likely coming from a player who acted in such a way on the flop. AJ just doesn't seem likely to me.

dorf