Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Best and Worst Days of Your Life as a Sports Fan

[ QUOTE ]
I appreciated sports much more when I was very young.

The best memory was this

It was the best super bowl ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is my worst moment.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:52 AM

Oh man, cognito, I totally forgot about the Raiders beating. I was 10 and I was good friends with a Raiders fan at the time. Man was that fun, we ended up doing something else at halftime. Can't believe you don't have the Oilers comeback on your list. Most surreal game ever. Almost put the 8-0 Flyers game on my list too, that was about as fun as it gets.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:01 AM

I've got to say that Game 6 of the Angels-Giants World Series was the most amazing sporting event I've ever attended. Spezio, Erstad, Bonds' bobble, Glaus....just amazing.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:05 AM

BEST DAY...THe first yankee game i went to was the David Cone Perfect game. Went in as a dodger fan...left a yankee fan.

Strangest bad beat story.
I bet on a game where the JETS were 5 1/2 point fav during parcels first year. With 30 seconds left in the game the Jets were up 6 points. They decided to go for it on 4th down on their red zone. Neil O'donald was scrambling...scrambling...stops...turns around...and throws the football between the uprights. 2 point safety... Jets dont cover by 1/2
Old 08-01-2005, 11:21 AM

Best: Ravens win the Superbowl by decimating the Giants or Buckeyes win the National Title. Or the Reds Win the 90 series by sweeping the A's or the bulls win 6 championships in the 90's. take your pick, all amazing

Worst: Ohio State loses to MSU in 1998 when we should have went undefeated and won the title. The Reds losing the one game playoff to the Mets was a bad one too.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:49 AM

So easy:

Best - Being at Game 7 of the 1982 World Series as my Cardinals won the World Series against the Brewers.

Worst - Being at the 2005 NCAA Mens Basketball Championship game as my Illini lost to North Carolina.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So easy:

Best - Being at Game 7 of the 1982 World Series as my Cardinals won the World Series against the Brewers.

Worst - Being at the 2005 NCAA Mens Basketball Championship game as my Illini lost to North Carolina.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but arizona should have been there anyway...that was like a nice second life for you guys to get there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2005, 02:53 PM

Best and worst involve the same teams 10 years apart.

Worst, Miami defeating Nebraska in the '84 orange bowl as Turner Gills 2-point conversion pass to Irving Fryar is tipped away and the Huskers yet again miss the MNF by 1 point.

Best, Watching Corey Schlassinger run in the FB Keeper twice in the second half as the Huskers bested Miami 24-17 in the '95 orange bowl.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So easy:

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but arizona should have been there anyway...that was like a nice second life for you guys to get there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Arizona also should have lost to Illinois in the E8 a few years ago, so I guess it all evened out.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So easy:

[/ QUOTE ]

are you originally from springfield or decatur, cause being a cards fan and an Illini fan is only possibly for down staters