Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Nice Win CardSharpCook !

Congrats man.

You played very well, your aggressiveness paid off.

Its good you came back to win it even after that horrible AA vs JJ suck out.

Are you from new orleans? B/C if you are, we got to hit up the harrahs in New Orleans or something. I live 10 minutes away at tulane university.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: *Official* Stars 350k Guarenteed Sunday

great story, congrats man.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Nice Win CardSharpCook !

Did you buy your way in or win a sat.?
Old 02-14-2005, 02:42 PM

Hey Chuck:

Congrats on the big win! I finished 54th (sn: Sugar D) and was busted by none other than you.

I have a question regarding the hand that ended my night. I was one seat to your left in the CO. I had like 103,000 in chips and you had the big stack at the table, around 400,000. I believe the blinds were 5,000-10,000.

You raised preflop to around 3x BB and I moved in. You thought for a long time and called. You had 96c and I had A5o. You rivered a straight and sent me packing.

Assuming you remember this hand, i was wondering what made you call. Pot odds too attractive? Just a nebulous feeling?

Congrats again man. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-14-2005, 03:19 PM

Hey Sugar D, there were a number of bad beats that I dealt out. I was VERY lucky in that tourney. Yours may have been a bad call -> the pot odds were probably in my favor, but pot odds were not attractive enough to justify the call. I remember that hand, I raised to 30k PF and your all in was another 70K. That meant for 70K I was playing for 130K or 64/36 pot odds. I called for several reasons: 1)table image -> I was running over pots, and I want reraisers to know that I'll call with ANYTHING if the pot odds are right 2)table image -> I know that people see me as a loose blind stealer (which I was) so I know that they'll push with far less than a good hand 3) My impression of you -> I don't think you were playing well at that point, without seeing your cards, I felt you made some bad plays. I thought that you were desperate and willing to take an advantage as low as ace high (though I expected AJoff) 4)suitedness, connectability and the low chance of domination (you won't have A9). 5) odds of winning the pot -> I gave myself 40/60. If I had had less chips, I might have folded, but I felt I had enough to accept these pot odds which also gave me intangible benefits (future blind steals less likely to be contested).

I do not like dealing out bad beats, especially with so much money involved, but I felt the responsible thing to do was to call. Good tourney, and again, I'm sorry for the bad beat.

CSC
Old 02-14-2005, 04:29 PM

Hey Chuck. Thanks for the reply. Interesting how different players like to treat big-stackedness.

From my perspective, I felt you were trying to run over the table, was pretty certain i had the best hand, and tried to stop your momentum. And I can't say i was unhappy when you called and turned over trash. Those are the type of hands you have to win if you are going to make the final table.

As for #3, I think I made perhaps one poor play at that stage of the tournament with you at my table (involving a hand where i held 99, the flop came jack high and uncoordinated, and a continuation bet was made in my direction). I don't think I was involved in too many pots while you were there, but I could be wrong.

Congrats again!

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Sugar D, there were a number of bad beats that I dealt out. I was VERY lucky in that tourney. Yours may have been a bad call -> the pot odds were probably in my favor, but pot odds were not attractive enough to justify the call. I remember that hand, I raised to 30k PF and your all in was another 70K. That meant for 70K I was playing for 130K or 64/36 pot odds. I called for several reasons: 1)table image -> I was running over pots, and I want reraisers to know that I'll call with ANYTHING if the pot odds are right 2)table image -> I know that people see me as a loose blind stealer (which I was) so I know that they'll push with far less than a good hand 3) My impression of you -> I don't think you were playing well at that point, without seeing your cards, I felt you made some bad plays. I thought that you were desperate and willing to take an advantage as low as ace high (though I expected AJoff) 4)suitedness, connectability and the low chance of domination (you won't have A9). 5) odds of winning the pot -> I gave myself 40/60. If I had had less chips, I might have folded, but I felt I had enough to accept these pot odds which also gave me intangible benefits (future blind steals less likely to be contested).

I do not like dealing out bad beats, especially with so much money involved, but I felt the responsible thing to do was to call. Good tourney, and again, I'm sorry for the bad beat.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-14-2005, 06:26 PM

hey congrats CSC!

i remember checking out this thread yesterday and seeing you mention you were still in it...but it will still fairly early. then i log onto stars today and see you won the whole thing! wow! congrats!