Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 09:27 PM

Default Re: ggban has had 37 drinks...now what?

yup.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:38 PM

I had like two...teen of them man
Old 11-07-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I first read the thread, I was thinking he had 20-25 drinks. Now I'm starting to think 15.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think he had 24 when he was talking to me, because he was coherent, not even really slurring his words. He was also folding preflop and not playing terribly from what I saw at the 30.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

from this report, it sounds like maybe he was counting every drink as three just for fun
Old 11-07-2005, 10:21 PM

Exactly how many drinks he had is definately up for debate.

He said he counted every drink as 1 drink except a double martini he got which he counted as 2.

When I left him at 7am he was at 29 drinks and it was pretty apparent he wasn't exagerating much by how the people at his table were reacting to the whole thing. He said his goal was 30 and he was gonna be up in a few minutes when he finished the next drink. I don't know. I do know he was coherant as hell and could stand without tipping and talk as if he was normal. His eyes were bloodshot as hell, but if you asked me to guess how many drinks I'd have guessed he'd had I'd say 7...so kinda weird.

When he got back to the room it was a completely different story.

Anyhow, I was talking to deathdonkey and said something about what peachy said to do...to which gabe immediately sat up, said "peachy's a bitch" and then "lets catch that flight"...and we went. I had to stop at the cage to deposit some money so I didn't have to carry it home with me so I told him to go get in line for the checkout. He said which way is it? I pointed him in the direction and never saw him again. I asked the guy who does the taxi assistance and he said yeah he came through like 15 minutes ago. Sweet. Least he made it to the airport.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly how many drinks he had is definately up for debate.

He said he counted every drink as 1 drink except a double martini he got which he counted as 2.

When I left him at 7am he was at 29 drinks and it was pretty apparent he wasn't exagerating much by how the people at his table were reacting to the whole thing. He said his goal was 30 and he was gonna be up in a few minutes when he finished the next drink. I don't know. I do know he was coherant as hell and could stand without tipping and talk as if he was normal. His eyes were bloodshot as hell, but if you asked me to guess how many drinks I'd have guessed he'd had I'd say 7...so kinda weird.

When he got back to the room it was a completely different story.

Anyhow, I was talking to deathdonkey and said something about what peachy said to do...to which gabe immediately sat up, said "peachy's a bitch" and then "lets catch that flight"...and we went. I had to stop at the cage to deposit some money so I didn't have to carry it home with me so I told him to go get in line for the checkout. He said which way is it? I pointed him in the direction and never saw him again. I asked the guy who does the taxi assistance and he said yeah he came through like 15 minutes ago. Sweet. Least he made it to the airport.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:11 AM

::sobs::
Old 11-08-2005, 03:18 AM

Default I\'m fine.

I'm home safe and sound, and actually doing some studying right now. It's not a midterm tommorow, just a run of the mill the test. I havent really read this thread, Dave just told me about. Sorry i got out of hand Brian, i honestly don't know what to say, it was pretty boneheaded to say the least.

Anyway, i don't know what, if any measures were taken in terms of getting the room for an extra night but of course that would be my responsibility.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: I\'m fine.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm home safe and sound, and actually doing some studying right now. It's not a midterm tommorow, just a run of the mill the test. I havent really read this thread, Dave just told me about. Sorry i got out of hand Brian, i honestly don't know what to say, it was pretty boneheaded to say the least.

Anyway, i don't know what, if any measures were taken in terms of getting the room for an extra night but of course that would be my responsibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a great big flaming war when you saw this thread, but instead you just come and own up and accept responsibility for your actions. Lame.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: I\'m fine.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a great big flaming war when you saw this thread, but instead you just come and own up and accept responsibility for your actions. Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

i second this
Old 11-08-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Also...

I did just read some of this thread. I regret getting myself into a state where Brian had to worry about me, I can honestly say i've never been that messed up before, and it was a ridiculous time to do it. Also, while i am a moron, i just want to be clear that this was over a 12 hour period from 10 PM to 10 AM, so i dont know how the whole figure of this happening over 2 hours got out there.

I don't usually do dumb [censored] like this, and while i was pretty [censored] up, i also knew i was not in serious danger of having alcohal poisoning, i hadn't even puked. Obviously i can see how Brian would be very concerned and would not believe that i was going to be ok, but i knew i didn't have to make myself vomit or anything. Anyway, i dont really know what the purpose of trying to clear things up further would be. Thanks to everyone who verified that this was an out of charecter thing for me, and to those of you who find that hard to believe, i don't blame you. It's not that i'm not embarrassed, but the people who know me well probably won't think less of me because of an isolated event, which is of far greater concern to me than people i don't know thinking i am an idiot.