Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: is there a way to get rakeback on party?

[ QUOTE ]
because I guarantee you that those nonrakeback affiliates are going to be all over this again.

[/ QUOTE ]

SCG,

I'm trying to figure out why these nonrakeback affiliates care if others are offering rakeback. Here's why:

When skins allowed affiliates to offer RB, these Party affiliates obviously were able to maintain some sort of influx of new customers, otherwise they'd be out of the job. How will this be any different? People who are looking for RB will find RB, people who are just signing up to play poker will continue to do that as they did amidst the Skins affiliates, no? I must be missing something.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to figure out why these nonrakeback affiliates care if others are offering rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a wild guess, but they're losing their gravy train because their player base is being stolen from them on re-signups through rakeback affiliates (through the 60 day wait or other creative means).

Look, I'm on the side of the rakeback affiliates, but I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend like everything is OK while there is nothing but silence on how these issues are going to be mitigated.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:10 AM

jrbrick...one thing the old affiliates are missing out on the chance of signing up someone like me, who grew from a few hundred hand a week hobby into 50k hands/month. That's alot of MGR to take-in. RBs encourage a player like me to find a way to get a new/different account. They'd like it if I didn't feel screwed. Well, that's too harsh a term. The initial deposit bonus was nice at the time, but I've grown into a different type of player. The initial person who signed me up must be loving the action he temporarily got.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just a wild guess, but they're losing their gravy train because their player base is being stolen from them on re-signups through rakeback affiliates (through the 60 day wait or other creative means).

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I just wondered if this was or would even be a problem. I mean yeah, of course it's customers that they rightly claimed, etc. But yeah, that makes sense if you have been referring to their existing customers this whole time.

[ QUOTE ]
Look, I'm on the side of the rakeback affiliates, but I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend like everything is OK while there is nothing but silence on how these issues are going to be mitigated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand. We'll just have to wait and see. My understanding so far though, at least with my affiliate, is that they are speaking directly to Party representatives about these topics. Existing account-holders are currently on the table. My guess is that Party is affording at least a smidgen of 'grace' since it's basically clear that they have cut off the skins. To me, the implications are that Party is not that worried about what happens to them, so if they can lure those customers in to them (+value for Party) w/ something like RB, they're probably gonna do it. They saw the success that it brought to the skins. It's clear that Party's intentions are simple: get big....w/o the skins.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jrbrick...one thing the old affiliates are missing out on the chance of signing up someone like me, who grew from a few hundred hand a week hobby into 50k hands/month. That's alot of MGR to take-in. RBs encourage a player like me to find a way to get a new/different account. They'd like it if I didn't feel screwed. Well, that's too harsh a term. The initial deposit bonus was nice at the time, but I've grown into a different type of player. The initial person who signed me up must be loving the action he temporarily got.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I see the issue; current account-holders creating new accounts under a different affiliate.

The only thing I could say to that is, if Party does allow other affiliates to offer RB, then current nonRB affiliates would need to adjust to market climate. This is a business. If Party's attitude towards RB has changed, why would they treat existing nonRB affiliates any different than the way they did the skins?
Old 10-10-2005, 03:39 AM

I signed up for Party through no affiliate. I'm very curious as to what can be done with regards to my Party account...

I too am waiting for the issue to be resolved so that those with existing accounts can get Rakeback....If that can ever happen...

Patience is a virtue...
Old 10-10-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But yeah, that makes sense if you have been referring to their existing customers this whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they're talking about existing and new customers. If you go through some of those whining posts over the past few months on the Party Affiliate forum, the nonrakeback affiliates claim that they're handicapped in signing up the new players because a lot of them have already heard of rakeback.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Party's attitude towards RB has changed, why would they treat existing nonRB affiliates any different than the way they did the skins?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the skins became nothing but misery, but Party still needs the goodwill of the nonrakeback affiliates who supply most of their customers.

Winning players are useful to a poker site but let's not lose perspective. Losing players ultimately pay for everything. Every penny that a Party stockholder, supplier, affiliate, or winning player makes originated in a losing player's pocket.

The rainmakers who deliver the fish are the engine that drives the whole system.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:54 AM

I guess I underestimate the nonRB affiliate system. When I wanted to sign up, I just signed up through party directly.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:57 AM

yea the nonrakeback affiliates are the ones that have made the games great all these years. We still need them happy and functional so they can continue to direct fishies into the games. If they get too pissed off and stop spreading the word-the games will suffer greatly. We need that constant influx of fishies .. or the games will turn to crap.