Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Raymer issuing death threats?????

[ QUOTE ]
In this case, judgement would require a similar situational experience IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

But my point is, we're not arguing over what we would do in his situation, we're arguing over what is acceptable conduct. For all I know, if I were in his spot I might go into an uncontrollable rage and beat the guy to death. Does that mean I have to condone that type of response?

FWIW, I have no problem with what Raymer did, I'm only making a point.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:07 PM

If anyone was threatening my daughter, I would f*ck them up on the spot.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raymer: What's your problem, Railman?
Railman: You're everyone's problem. That's because every time you go to the rail, you're unsafe. I don't like you because you're dangerous.
Raymer: That's right! Rail... man. I am dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely compliment posts, but this is pure gold
Old 11-29-2005, 08:18 PM

The guy is 20 feet away across a crowded room. For everyone saying they'd #*@! the guy up or interrogate him then knock his teeth out that's simply not possible.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but the whole "your not a father" defense is ridiculous. I'm sure you love your children, but there's no reason to assume that your love for you child is so much stronger then my love for my wife/family/friends that I can't even comprehend it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife and I never wanted kids. I thought the whole parenthood process strange and uninteresting. We decided to change our minds and experience it before we got too old. I wasn't sure I was looking forward to it. I'm now the father of baby girl, and I can assure you that the love you feel for your wife, family and friends does not prepare you for what you will feel for your child. There is an very scary responsibility that you happily accept, because of an amazingly strong and strange new feeling of love.

So no, you don't understand.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:53 PM

I'm sorry but I'm just not willing to accept your personal experience as evidence. Since you don't know me your really not qualified to judge my emotional attachment to my friends/family. I really don't want to turn this into an argument about parental love. I just don't like being told that I'm not allowed to judge Raymer simply because I'm not a father.

Although actually I did father a child for a same sex couple, I wonder if that counts? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Regardless of how much Raymer may love his daughter it doesn't change the fact that his action here was inappropriate and ineffectual.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of how much Raymer may love his daughter it doesn't change the fact that his action here was inappropriate and ineffectual.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a real liberal. What do you consider an appropriate way to handle the situation?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a real liberal. What do you consider an appropriate way to handle the situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when does being a liberal mean you are a pussy? I'm as left as it gets and I would have made sure that gentleman was taken care of.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when does being a liberal mean you are a pussy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's a horrible response, betgo. "You sound like a real liberal." Give me a break.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:18 PM

As I said previously you can start by notifying security, your daughters caretaker, and the police.

I still don't get why everyone insists they'd "take care of it". What the heck are you going to do to a guy who's 20 feet away across a crowded room? Screaming threats at the guy is just going to make him angry, and if he is a serious threat it's only going to make it more likely that he harms someone.

I've watched my best friend go the last 13 years without a dad because his father gunned down 2 persons that he suspected of raping his daughter. I'm sorry if taking a slightly more rational approach to justice makes me a liberal pussy.
Closed Thread