Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: The dude who cried when his K high flush lost

this kid had an article in the columbus dispatch saying he was happy with his money won because he lives at home and has great parents... yea....

also, there is a rumor in columbus this kid owes like 10% of his winnings to someone at the charity game where he won his seat and isnt paying, dont know how true that is... its just what i heard.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:09 AM

I realize this isn't a strategy thread, but I'll just say I can understand the guy's actions up until Bartholomew reraised all-in. Given the previous betting, he had to have put him on an ace, and that connected with the lack of betting on the turn might have suggested a drawing hand as well. I realize that having second-nut flush and the possibility of taking the chip lead are tantalizing, but you can't force it like that.

Oh, and the fat bowler with the 120-decibel voice box is supremely annoying. Reasonable people might argue poker is a sport, but that doesn't mean you have to do a Terrell Owens-style dance every time you suck out on the river.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:52 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
I realize this isn't a strategy thread, but I'll just say I can understand the guy's actions up until Bartholomew reraised all-in. Given the previous betting, he had to have put him on an ace, and that connected with the lack of betting on the turn might have suggested a drawing hand as well. I realize that having second-nut flush and the possibility of taking the chip lead are tantalizing, but you can't force it like that.

Oh, and the fat bowler with the 120-decibel voice box is supremely annoying. Reasonable people might argue poker is a sport, but that doesn't mean you have to do a Terrell Owens-style dance every time you suck out on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, that fatty-boom-ba-latti was a complete douche. He sucked out on that other guy twice on the river and he jumps around like he's the greatest poker player ever for playing K/9 against two Jacks. I really wanted to take a cheese grater to his face. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize this isn't a strategy thread, but I'll just say I can understand the guy's actions up until Bartholomew reraised all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do NL players often call pot sized bets with flush draws? I've been playing limit for a year and just made the switch over to NL, so I wouldnt mind if some better NL players chimed in.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:27 AM

ive never rooted harder against a poker player in my life than every time the bowler guy was all in. the way he acted when he drew out on people for their tournament life made me want to cry like that other guy just cause it was in such poor taste. i wanted him to lose and lose quickly before i had to listen to him scream one more time.
while that other guy certainly dosent seem like he should invest too much energy in playing serious poker you guys are awful hard on him. he will be miserable if he continues to play for serious money but i dont think being oversensitive makes him a douche.
matty
Old 11-04-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oen reason to make the minimum raise is so that if someone moves all in, you can lay the hand down confident you are beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another is that you don't think they'll call a bigger raise.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:27 PM

Still wondering if Gavin is going to chime in on this thread with an opinion of Adam. Maybe he isnt so bad afterall???
Old 11-04-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive never rooted harder against a poker player in my life than every time the bowler guy was all in. the way he acted when he drew out on people for their tournament life made me want to cry like that other guy just cause it was in such poor taste. i wanted him to lose and lose quickly before i had to listen to him scream one more time.
while that other guy certainly dosent seem like he should invest too much energy in playing serious poker you guys are awful hard on him. he will be miserable if he continues to play for serious money but i dont think being oversensitive makes him a douche.
matty

[/ QUOTE ]

Stillman was your typical arrogant ass from NY (or around there, Jersey or whatever). I am with you totally on him.

As for Adam Friedman, he wasn't as much as douche for being oversensitive (though it was bad enough to make him a douche), but for saying that "he played perfect poker for 3 days" and being upset at calling with the second nuts. He's clearly both arrogant and insecure. Not a friendly combination in one's psyche.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:26 AM

I find another thing intresting. What seems to be (very very alike, must be him) also "cried" in the intro for 2003 wsop, anyone else see that? I just saw it today and realized it must be the same person! I wouldn't say he "cried" any of the times, but sure acted like a crybaby.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this kid had an article in the columbus dispatch saying he was happy with his money won because he lives at home and has great parents... yea....

also, there is a rumor in columbus this kid owes like 10% of his winnings to someone at the charity game where he won his seat and isnt paying, dont know how true that is... its just what i heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm ... if he lives in Ohio, the it sounds like a Reeces Charity Event perhaps like This one here?

If so, then most likely someone else staked him for THAT game then or something, and expected 10 percent when he went to the WSOP.

If it was Reeces however, I'm surprised he took the seat and the trip. This as most people around here, take the 10k in cold hard cash instead of the seat (and the trip), then if they go, they simply pay for the trip expenses themselves, and try to win into the WSOP ME via the super satelites instead, pocketing the difference.

There was also at one time, an Charity type events being run by another group in Columbus, but the Ohio Attny General shut them down the first part of this year.