Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: You rate your top 10 NCAA Teams

Does anyone know if LSU would pass Penn State in the BCS if they win the SEC title?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:10 PM

Fat chance. Computers have them at 8th. Can't see them getting that much of a bump otherwise.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:54 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ohio St. is also known for barely winning games through the 2002-2003 seasons but were considered a very strong team.

[/ QUOTE ]

OSU also won all 13 games that year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was also referring to both seasons. They were barely eaking by on some of those games during that run. Which could also be attributed to luck. They weren't exactly seen as a dominating team.

The comparison mainly carries to 'during' the season before they won all 14 games. The way Clark was mentioning how ND was seen 'during' their 2002 season when winning close, lucky games when they were 8-0 and had beaten 4 ranked teams.

b
Old 11-22-2005, 07:05 PM

This year's OSU would be an easy favorite over the national champion Buckeyes. That team caught every single break, every single game. Up there with the 2000 Yankees as proof that with enough luck a more or less average team can win a championship.

Notre Dame has played the 56th most difficult schedule in the country. What moneyline would you guys give me on Notre Dame losing their bowl game opponent unknown?
Old 11-23-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ohio St. is also known for barely winning games through the 2002-2003 seasons but were considered a very strong team.

[/ QUOTE ]

OSU also won all 14 games that year.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I still believe this team is "better" than that years. And for all of you who don't understand what that means, it means, if I had to bet on one when they played each other, I would choose this years team.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the height of absurdity. Before I think you are a totally nuts, let me confirm that you are, in fact, suggesting that you think this year's OSU team would beat the 2002 OSU team? Wow.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I still believe this team is "better" than that years. And for all of you who don't understand what that means, it means, if I had to bet on one when they played each other, I would choose this years team.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the height of absurdity. Before I think you are a totally nuts, let me confirm that you are, in fact, suggesting that you think this year's OSU team would beat the 2002 OSU team? Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this hard to believe? I believe that team was quite fortunate to do as well as it did, and this years team has been quite unfortunate to have 2 losses. The game would be close, that's for sure.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this hard to believe? I believe that team was quite fortunate to do as well as it did, and this years team has been quite unfortunate to have 2 losses. The game would be close, that's for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon now. The Texas game had no excuse. None. Texas begged OSU to win and OSU couldn't. At home.

PSU basically controlled the game - nothing really unfortunate about that one at all. If anything, this year's team is fortunate they don't have 3 losses, not unfortunate that they have 2.

You are vastly overrating both this year's OSU team, and the Big Ten in general.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon now. The Texas game had no excuse. None. Texas begged OSU to win and OSU couldn't. At home.

PSU basically controlled the game - nothing really unfortunate about that one at all. If anything, this year's team is fortunate they don't have 3 losses, not unfortunate that they have 2.

You are vastly overrating both this year's OSU team, and the Big Ten in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

By your estimations, Robert Varkonyi is 10 times the player T.J. Cloutier is as well? After all, wins and losses is all that matters.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By your estimations, Robert Varkonyi is 10 times the player T.J. Cloutier is as well? After all, wins and losses is all that matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that Penn State and Texas are clearly superior teams to tOSU if we base it just on their head-to-head games. I'm fascinated to see how you can rationalize that you should have beat either team. PSU sprinted out to the lead then just shut you down. Texas repeatedly tried to hand the game over and tOSU wasn't good enough to do anything about it. If they played again on a neutral field, Texas would win by 3 touches.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:29 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with Clark here. Texas tried like hell to give that game away. No way this years OSU team beats the NC team.

b