Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: HACHEM WINS!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Joseph Hachem has just become the 2005 World Series of Poker champion!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I leave for just a bit and it's all over. Looks like I missed a lot of action. I don't know if it stayed that way, but I thought Hachem was playing the best when it was four and three handed.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: \"I\'ve got a big everything baby\"

Yep, poker in Aussie land will boom, no doubt!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:03 AM

True...I would have been PISSED if Dannenman won. He shouldn't have even gotten as far as he did.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:07 AM

When it got down to it, I was rooting for Tex. But Hachem played the best in the 4 handed and down. He deserves the win and I bet he'll make a great champion.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Phil is back, back again...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can play that scared.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's a matter of playing scared. It seems to me it's just being logical. I'm really not sure what else you think Tex would've called a raise with there. No matter, it's all over now and the debate will be endless about a lot of hands. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I'll probably stay away from all the chatter for quite awhile. It gets crazy in the WPT forum.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:11 AM

Time for some sleep man. It was a long night!
Old 07-16-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Time for some sleep man. It was a long night!

[/ QUOTE ]

amen

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
True...I would have been PISSED if Dannenman won. He shouldn't have even gotten as far as he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know everyone has been bashing Dannenman, and rightfully so. But I wouldn't have been upset if he won. He seems like an average Joe. I don't think he has any illusions that he is a great poker player. I also thought this was cute:

[ QUOTE ]
Dannenmann is really taking his time here, and he pulls a piece of paper from his pocket to consult. It has a list of handwritten advice: "Have fun. Nothing to lose. Play tight." And it says a few other things I can't see. The camera shows the paper again, and I can also see, "Avoid conflicts with big stacks. Don't raise reraisers."

[/ QUOTE ]

No one with a big ego would ever refer to a piece a paper with very beginner-ish advice while at the WSOP final table. He obviously knew he was lucky to be there, and went in with the goal of "having fun" and hoping for the best. And despite the fact that he was outclassed, he utilized a decent strategy for someone who knows he cannot outplay his opponents.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know everyone has been bashing Dannenman, and rightfully so. But I wouldn't have been upset if he won. He seems like an average Joe. I don't think he has any illusions that he is a great poker player. I also thought this was cute:

[ QUOTE ]
Dannenmann is really taking his time here, and he pulls a piece of paper from his pocket to consult. It has a list of handwritten advice: "Have fun. Nothing to lose. Play tight." And it says a few other things I can't see. The camera shows the paper again, and I can also see, "Avoid conflicts with big stacks. Don't raise reraisers."

[/ QUOTE ]

No one with a big ego would ever refer to a piece a paper with very beginner-ish advice while at the WSOP final table. He obviously knew he was lucky to be there, and went in with the goal of "having fun" and hoping for the best. And despite the fact that he was outclassed, he utilized a decent strategy for someone who knows he cannot outplay his opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the pleasure of sitting with Dannennman's wife and friends for much of yesterday and tonight, and i think he would have been a great champion. He is about the nicest, happy go lucky guy i have ever met and he has a great personality.

He was also pretty much of a poker doofus lol He kept making jokes about how little he knew about the odds and how he was the only one at the final table who couldn't shuffle chips. He was constantly laughing, presumably about his good fortune, when away from the table.

He would have brought, and hopefully still will bring, a ton of average joe's to the game.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:20 PM

Damn, I was fully expecting them to quit for the night soon after I went to bed. Seems like I missed some good commentary.

Guess I was wrong about Hachem seeming like he was just playing to move up in payouts earlier. Good show.