Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Can Party Poker 4th and 5th street cards be predicted?

Or is Party honest, and this is just a loop-hole in their RNG?

It is a loop-hole, along the lines of the old Planet one, but far more complex.

How Planet's shuffle was beaten.

Lori
Old 01-28-2004, 09:02 PM

Default To all interested in obtaining Party pattern maps

I've responded to a number of PMs, but rather than respond to the rest, I'll just post this here:

I'm only doing this (running hand history sequences) for serious bidders and I've set up an escrow account for these bidders to place a retainer in. I've currently run multiple 100-hand sequences successfully for 8 bidders and the current bid is well into the six figures. Most of these bidders represent high-stakes individual gamblers or consortiums.

I have also decided to offer ONE and only ONE free copy to whoever can post the best essay in this thread describing why they deserve a free copy. I'm doing that both as a sort of public service but also so there will be one amateur gambler who can post testimonials about his or her results (I doubt any of the bidders will publicize their usage).
Old 01-28-2004, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One thing i dont understand.
Is all this posible because Party itself has tweaked the deck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. Honestly, I don't know. All I know is that the patterns exist and can be mapped and thus future cards can be accurately predicted. I do not know what causes these patterns to exist.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is a loop-hole, along the lines of the old Planet one, but far more complex.

How Planet's shuffle was beaten.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]
Then why did Ulysses say in the original post that he noticed he wasnt making enough money..Is it because other players are using pattern maps?

I thought he meant that party's deck was fixed for more suckouts...
Old 01-28-2004, 09:13 PM

The suckout theory would kill pattern maps, as he has already explained.

The problem is, that there is a kind of near-recurring pattern, but occasionally it wanders off in a chaotic fashion.

To see what I mean try inputting 2(x^2)-1 into a calulator and keep hitting the '=' sign, there is a kind of pattern, but not exact.

Pattern mapping works on a principle similar to this, except it is having to do it backwards from the data and this is where slight errors creep in.

The more complex the algorithm, the better the pattern map can become.

Edit: Please note, x is firstly a value between (not including) 0 and 1, and is then the result you get.

Lori

Old 01-28-2004, 09:16 PM

Default Re: To all interested in obtaining Party pattern maps

I deserve the free copy because I used to know a bear named Bobo.

Bobo led an interesting life. He was born to Bertha and Ivan, two free-range bears deep in the Russian wilderness. His cubhood was ideal: playing with his brothers, brutally slaughtering innocent fish, and running around joyously. This joy was not to last. One day, while Bobo was roaming through the woods with his brother Tigarancus, a group of drunken Russian poachers attacked them. Tigarancus tripped Bobo, said “So long, loser,” and ran away. Bobo, his heart broken, was taken away in a net. He was soon sold to a circus.

Bobo immediately began to undergo rigorous training. He was forced to run 5 miles a day, and lifted weights 5 days a week. His previous girly frame was soon transformed into that of a strapping young cub. His sex appeal now up to an appropriate level, Bobo was taught to ride a bike. He struggled at first, constantly falling over. Soon, however, he got the hang of it and was riding with no hands. After 2 years of training, Bobo was finally unveiled to the crowds. Everyone loved him; he soon became a huge star, making the rounds through the Russian talk show circuit (he even made an appearance on the hit shows “Boris O’Brien” and “Oprahchinovi.”).

This honeymoon was not to last. One day a small, rat like child attempted to touch Bobo during a show. As a huge star, Bobo did not allow the unwashed masses to fondle his beautiful skin. Thus, he promptly tore the child’s arm off. For some reason this behavior was deemed unacceptable, and Bobo was sentenced to death. Due to his previously unmentioned ability to understand human speech, Bobo decided to make an escape. He tore out the jugular of the night watchman (a father of 4) and also killed the janitor for good measure (loving grandfather). His fur stained red, Bobo made his escape into the dark Russian night.

Finally free, Bobo only had one thing in mind: revenge. Tigarancus had to pay. And pay dearly. Very dearly. Very. So he took off back to his home, hitchhiking when possible (and brutally killing each driver after he was dropped off). He finally made it back to his forest, only to discover that Tigarancus was a powerful Bearfia boss and that he has murdered Bertha and Ivan. This would make things more difficult for Bobo, but he had a plan. This plan involved killing all of Tigarancus’ underlings. This was completed swiftly, leading to a final one on one showdown.

Bobo charged Tigarancus, but was knocked down with a Shoryuken uppercut. A retaliatory sonic boom gave Bobo the upper hand, and he finished Tigarancus off with a viscous claw thrust to the throat, spraying blood everywhere. A babality followed, and Bobo was victorious. Yes, thought Bobo, I am victorious. I am awesome and powerful and unstoppable. He was then shot by a hunter. Lying on the ground, he made one final request: please give DM34 a free copy of a pattern map for Party Poker.

Please make his wish come true.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Then why did Ulysses say in the original post that he noticed he wasnt making enough money..Is it because other players are using pattern maps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lori might be correct in her analysis, but my hunch is that it was due to other players using pattern maps.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have also decided to offer ONE and only ONE free copy to whoever can post the best essay in this thread describing why they deserve a free copy. I'm doing that both as a sort of public service but also so there will be one amateur gambler who can post testimonials about his or her results (I doubt any of the bidders will publicize their usage).

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again... best thread ever!!! This one is going to go down in history.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:21 PM

Agreed. This thread could easily surpass the What's wrong with the SS thread in the NVG forum. The amount of quality in this one is already much higher.

Cup
Old 01-28-2004, 09:22 PM

Default Re: When is the essay deadline?

Thanks.
Closed Thread