Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: East Coast (NYC) Crimson challenge

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're both wrong. I don't know when this became steak tartare, but it's grocery store ground beef. 1 lb. no seasoning or additives, 7 minutes. I'll pay you Dave if you do it.

Edit: Upon further reflection, a lb. may not be as much as I thought it was. I'd still pay you for this feat though. As for meeting your $1500 requirement, I don't know if we can rally the support.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made 3 distinct offers to you. One, you raise $1500. Two, you raise $5000 and it's a bet on whether I can do it. Three, you and I bet $1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will not be accepted as a Crimson challenge because it is far too easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. The point here is that JBB has three ways to make this happen, and two ways to make money and will have zero follow through.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Evan should try to be a part of this.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you find a version of this in NYC I will do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

48oz is a joke
I ate the 72oz at Texas Longhorn Cafe in under an hour. Also included soup with meat in the soup. Bread, beans and rice.

I weighed about 180 at the time. When I was done I was not full and considered ordering desert but did not want to come off as a pig.

I am well past my competitive eating days but if the challenge ever comes north to Toronto I would be up for something as a joke. For instance I would be willing to eat burgers till I puked just to amuse everyone who likes to see guys puking on camera (me for instance). No compensation required.

[/ QUOTE ]

You used to eat competitively?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ate the 72oz at Texas Longhorn Cafe in under an hour. Also included soup with meat in the soup. Bread, beans and rice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must mean The Big Texan. Steak challenge. This place is legendary in Amarillo.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: LET\'S SET A TIME

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 90% sure I can be there. I will do the hardboiled egg challenge, but I guess if noone wants to throw eggs at me that is fine. I can't really provide any details yet. First I will hardboil about a dozen eggs, eat them and determine what I think is impossible. I will then set that as my goal to beat. Do I lose money for puking, becuase it almost seems like that is what people want to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please make some offers re: 12/24/50 and time limits. For 100% satisfaction of challenge, you must eat them and keep them down for some time period. However, if you were to eat all the eggs, then puke, I would most likely pay you almost the complete amount.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: LET\'S SET A TIME

[ QUOTE ]
Do I lose money for puking, becuase it almost seems like that is what people want to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd personally be more impressed with someone keeping the eggs down instead of puking.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:40 PM

There are franchises everywhere. It was not free if you ate it, you just got some prizes including a nice steak knife that says "72oz Club" on it (that I still have) a jean shirt with "720z Club" embossed on it that came only in XL (I wonder why?) that I gave to my brother, and 10% off all food and beverages for anyone at my table for the next year.

I never actually ate competitvely. I could just out eat anyone I ever met and used to eat a lot just to amuse friends. I was once asked if I was raised by wolves. At the time I thought it was a compliment.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are franchises everywhere. It was not free if you ate it, you just got some prizes including a nice steak knife that says "72oz Club" on it (that I still have) a jean shirt with "720z Club" embossed on it that came only in XL (I wonder why?) that I gave to my brother, and 10% off all food and beverages for anyone at my table for the next year.

I never actually ate competitvely. I could just out eat anyone I ever met and used to eat a lot just to amuse friends. I was once asked if I was raised by wolves. At the time I thought it was a compliment.

[/ QUOTE ]

We might be related. I was once referred to as "the Human Vacuum Cleaner"
Old 11-02-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We might be related. I was once referred to as "the Human Vacuum Cleaner"

[/ QUOTE ]

But food had nothing to do with that title. BAMMMMO!
Old 11-02-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am well past my competitive eating days but if the challenge ever comes north to Toronto I would be up for something as a joke. For instance I would be willing to eat burgers till I puked just to amuse everyone who likes to see guys puking on camera (me for instance). No compensation required.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a Canadian challenge would be great. If need be, we can split it between the east coast (Toronto) and the west coast (Vancouver).

Once this is accomplished, a north american battle of champions perhaps?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must mean The Big Texan. Steak challenge. This place is legendary in Amarillo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good breakfast challenge. Place is in so Cal, but I am sure they would Fed Ex one out to anyone who wanted to attempt for the right price.

Broken Yolk Café Special (For the iron man or woman)
A dozen-egg omelet filled with mushrooms, onions, American cheese and smothered with our chili and more cheese. On the other half of a 15-inch pizza pan is a generous pile of homefries and two biscuits. Eat it all and it’s only $1.98 and receive a complimentary T-Shirt. *No substitutions.
*The $1.98 is for one person only and there is a one hour time limit.
Winners will go down in history on our
Hall of Fame Plaque. GO FOR IT!

Makes me hungry!