Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 15 vs 16
15 45 53.57%
16 39 46.43%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Interesting rule question and angle possibility

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure forward motion is binding if someone calls the player on it. There was an issue on the WSOP broadcast this week when Matusow put a stack of chips forward, then pulled them back, probably trying to get a reaction. Nobody called him on it. I think the floor should have probably mentioned that any forward motion with your chips or cards can be binding and that he needs to be careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was forward motion with cards turned face up when facing a bet (not chips)and it's covered a bit differently in the rules. Anyway, I'm interested in what the floor would rule had he been called (on the unlikely assumption the facts would be correctly stated).

It's also a strategic issue. You want to defend yourself against these angles and perhaps use them against the angle shooter. For example, if an opponent tries this on you when you are bluffing, is there a reasonable chance the floor will declare your opponent's hand dead if you toss your hand in the muck because "your opponent conceded the hand".

Me, I don't have enough imagination to turn cards face up when facing a bet(nevermind pushing them forward!) and I try to be super nitty careful not to reveal my hand or intentions until I'm sure what's going on when an opponent does.

Anyway, I'm going to be busy for the next few hours but if you think others might be interested maybe you can link to the original post on this and see if any of tonight's Live at Bike's regulars noticed this last night.

~ Rick